Official 2019 Atlanta Braves Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by southendzoneBEE, Oct 10, 2018.

1. JoeCakeEater

JoeCakeEater Dodd-Like

Loc:
    The South
    Team:
    The Institute
    I honestly think we, like everyone else, are waiting out the market. Last year FA prices came way down right before spring training. Hopefully we get a quality player at our price.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JoeCakeEater

JoeCakeEater Dodd-Like

Loc:
    The South
    Team:
    The Institute
    Grandal just signed a 1 year contract...so the Braves may be able to find what they need in FA on favorable terms. I’m stunned that he couldn’t get a multi year deal worth big money.

3. Dhatura

Dhatura Damn Good Rat

Loc:
    ?
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Against the Braves, I was dead set on getting Grandal. This guy could do no wrong. However, the rest of the playoffs, it was as if he fell off the face of the Earth. Well, I don't have stats right in front of me, but it seemed like he was bad all around - fielding mostly. I guess this is was what scared people off, because I felt like he was going to get a pretty huge deal, regardless.

4. southendzoneBEE

southendzoneBEE Gailey-Like

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Carter Stewart lost his grievance against Atlanta, so we will have the #9 pick next draft as compensation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. southendzoneBEE

southendzoneBEE Gailey-Like

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    We were linked to Marwin Gonzalez yesterday. I would love that move and would solidify our outfield. If Gonzalez's bat doesn't pan out he is still very versatile and cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Architorture23

Architorture23 In it for the likes.

Loc:
    Sec 111
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Marwin is a valuable player but mostly for his versatility. He's an outfield- capable Johan Camargo with about 80% of the hit tool. Does have some pop. Switch hitter and hits lefties just slightly better, which is good but not an obvious candidate for a platoon with, say, Duvall.

He's a nice piece and would give us an even more extraordinary defensive OF. But he is nowhere near what I hoped the Braves would do this offseason.

7. JoeCakeEater

JoeCakeEater Dodd-Like

Loc:
    The South
    Team:
    The Institute
    I want the AJ Pollock a this point (I suspect that Harper is out of the question). If not, then I would be happy with Marwin but only at a discount or on a short deal. He is just not enough of an upgrade to break the bank.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GBurdell

GBurdell Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Bushwood CC
    Team:
    ga tech

• Like Like x 3