Official 2019 Atlanta United Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Sports' started by GATechAE07, Jan 29, 2019.

1. GATechAE07

GATechAE07 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Let the Miggy era end and the Pity era begin.

AUFC finally confirms the worst kept secret in MLS, announcing Gonzolo Martínez on January 24. Less than a week later, Miguel Almiron is sold to Newcastle for a record £20M.

2. G776T

G776T Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Jackets
    New kits suck, and it means we'll have to wait at least one more year to get a gold one.

Happy for Miggy, but if that 20M number is right Barco better pick up his ööööing game over the next couple seasons or United is gonna lose out on what they paid to get him.

3. MTrain

MTrain Dodd-Like

Loc:
    solid 7.0
    Team:
    GT
    I can't believe someone paid that much for Almiron. doubt he amounts to much in premier. And I'm really not trying to be a hater, he just has limitations to his game that I'm not sure he's good enough to overcome in that level of competition.

4. JoeCakeEater

JoeCakeEater Dodd-Like

Loc:
    The South
    Team:
    The Institute
    We shall see. His on the ball speed should play anywhere. He dominated MLS, so this may show us how large the gap truly is.

5. GTCrew

GTCrew Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Forsyth Co.
    Team:
    gt
    Surprised you would say that. Will be interesting to see.

6. MTrain

MTrain Dodd-Like

Loc:
    solid 7.0
    Team:
    GT
  7. daBuzz

daBuzz Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Woodstock, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Well, the Newcastle press certainly seemed to like his debut minutes Monday night.
    https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...iguel-almiron-debut-wolves-newcastle-15818192

8. gtleviathan

gtleviathan Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Gwinnett
    Team:
    Ga. Tech
    I actually watched the game, had it recorded from NBCSN. He looked every bit as fast on the English field as he did at MBS. He got whacked a couple times but kept his aggressiveness. One play he tried to hold the ball in his own corner and got thrown down (no call :ugh:) but got right back up and threw a shoulder into the other guy's thigh. He should become another fan favorite there if he keeps it up. Will be fun having a PL team to follow now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. daBuzz

daBuzz Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Woodstock, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I'm already a Man City fan but I'll be following Newcastle as well. I meant to watch the game the other night but forgot to set the DVR to record it. Gonna try to watch some of the other ones though.
    I did watch Newcastle in the game before he got his work visa permit and they lack play makers and creativity so his speed could help just in that respect.

10. gtleviathan

gtleviathan Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Gwinnett
    Team:
    Ga. Tech
    Well, that was... disappointing.

It was certainly a free-flowing game. The away goal gives us a chance at home but we're definitely behind the 8 ball.

• Like Like x 1