Official COFH Game Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by coit, Dec 22, 2018.

1. The Gus

The Gus Banned (Temporary) Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Ever since Cremins had that 48-hour brain-fart flip-flop with South Carolina in 1994 - the program has essentially sucked - save 1996 & 2004. 2005 we were bad either.

Basically anyone 35 years or younger on planet earth thinks Tech sucks in basketball - that is all they know and have seem with their own eyes. Only decrepit fools like myself can remember Tech being good on any consistent basis: 1984-1993.

Thank goodness I greatly enjoy the misery and horribleness of Tech Basketball. It is a miserable person's heaven on earth. So much to despise on so many levels - not just Tech - but all of college basketball.

I have beaten into both of my children's head how horrible college basketball is - they NEVER watch. (Both play the game and watch the NBA and go watch the local public high school play.) I can die in peace knowing I have done what I could to rid the planet of the disease know as college basketball.

I know your reply already - Then why don't you die already you miserable New Jersey f*cking assh*le!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Allen Koholic

Allen Koholic Likes dick drawings.

Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech, whoever is playing Georgia
    I miss Paul Hewitt.

• Like Like x 2
  3. 77GTFan

77GTFan Dodd-Like

Loc:
    North Carolina
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I even miss Dwayne Morrison.

4. gnats67

gnats67 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Outside the box
    Team:
    TECH
    Ouch!

• Like Like x 1
  5. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    No matter how bad this gets, I will never miss CPH. I would rather lose close games with untalented teams working hard than lose close games with lottery picks who can't inbound the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cincyjacket

cincyjacket Dodd-Like

If we do, we’ll almost be able to field a basketball team with all the head coaches on the payroll!

7. cincyjacket

cincyjacket Dodd-Like

Probably spend most of practice playing without a ball.

8. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    We got Pastner because just about everyone turned down the job and Bobinski didn't raise enough money to match Vandy's offer to Bryce Drew. At the time, I thought it was a move with a lot of upside. Now, I have no idea how we get out of this mess. Hiring a coach who is trending up in his current job would probably be a good start though, yeah.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  9. gtg970g

gtg970g Flats Noob

Loc:
    Decatur, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    They sold baseline student seats to public, we were seated there with the stinger pass. Lots of empty seats on the sidelines.

10. 79tech

79tech Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    atlanta
    Team:
    ga tech
    uh - maybe its the coach gosh?

11. Salter21

Salter21 Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Cumming
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Hahahah I love it! Keep up the posts! They always crack me up. And they’re mostly sadly true!

12. The Gus

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Salter - Glad you enjoy my posts and the accompanying MISERY & TRUTH of it all......... Next up for Tech is Kennesaw State. 10 years ago they humiliated Tech by 17 on opening night. That was the first game Tech played in after it's last NCAA Tournament Game (I think vs. Ohio State) in 2010 - it has been downhill ever since....... ha ha ha.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Valdosta_Jacket

Valdosta_Jacket Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Tokyo
    Team:
    Tech
    We are just in the middle of a two decade long rebuild. Pastner is basically locked in till 2020. That is the year we finally stop paying the 2 previous coaches.

14. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket Something Extraordinairre

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Major rebuild?

15. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket Something Extraordinairre

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    We lost to Gardner Webb at home

We suck
    Bad coaching who is more interested in selling a narrative of a “major rebuild” rather than take accountability for his poor recruiting and no offense.
    Reality is his best season was with Gregory’s players — the “major rebuild” guys.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Akinji07

Akinji07 Inventor of Thursdays

Loc:
    Hobo Tailgate
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I'm starting to appreciate your constant hatred of everything. It warms my heart. I did live in Jersey for 2 years so I get it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Gus

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I mean if you are following Georgia Tech basketball - looking for ENJOYMENT - then there must be something wrong with you. Understand, that I would actually prefer Tech being good (when I say good I mean upper 1/3 in the ACC - not .500 ACC) in basketball (I know that sounds crazy coming from me), but since that is OBVIOUSLY a hopeless endeavor - then you might as well enjoy the misery. And, isn't that what life is most often about!?!?!? Enjoying the misery!

Note: Being from Jersey - my back-up college basketball team is Rutgers! Aren't you jealous!!!! I have nothing going for me....

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. cyclejacket

cyclejacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Gainesville, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech, Alabama
    You must have been miserable your whole life. Even Bobby Cremins only finished more than 2 games above .500 3 times in the conference. He certainly was responsible for more competitive basketball and exciting players than anyone else we've had, but a ACC record > .500 wasn't one of his gifts.

• Like Like x 2
  19. RamblinWreck92

RamblinWreck92 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Shangri La
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I don't agree with some of your football opinions but I can't argue with you here - we are terrible and, worst of all, completely irrelevant. Most GT fans don't even know when our game are anymore, most GT fans don't care about our program and frankly, why should they?

The only thing that's puzzling is that we've been bottomed-out for almost a decade now. Usually there's an upswing in a program but I don't see one coming our way for at least another 3-5 years and almost certainly never under CJP.

20. The Gus

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    You're right! Cremins had incredible initial success in '85 (9-5 in the ACC) & in '86 (11-3) in the ACC. After that - it was slim pickings... of course '96 with Starbury Tech was 13-3.

Imagine if you told someone in 1986 (after Tech had finished the previous 2 seasons more than 2 games over .500 as stated above) - that only one more time in the next 33 season (including this upcoming season) that Tech would finish 4 games of more (3 games over .500 is impossible in an even numbered game schedule) over .500 - that being 9-5 or 10-6 or 11-7. I would imagine that you would have gotten unbelievably great odds on that happening - at least 250-1 odds against that - considering that Tech was never given the death penalty or had something tragic happen (player dying).