Official COFH Game Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by coit, Dec 22, 2018.

1. The Gus

The Gus Banned (Temporary) Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    The football program is like the current day Golden State Warriors compared to the Basketball Program!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. WhiteNGold

WhiteNGold Flats Noob

Loc:
    Glenwood GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    One thing about Hewitt is he could recruit, even if he couldn't coach.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Gus

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Here is a copy of my email to some of my loser friends:

I am not being facetious – why would anyone (outside of the program) go to any Tech Basketball game?

They suck, have sucked (since 1993 save a couple of seasons) and will (seemingly) always suck. They have 2-3 “ACC level” players on the team right now. They struck out on all 2019 recruits. Pastner is a doofus. A “compliance freak” – so no cheating, therefore no winning. Tech still has their 2 previous coaches still being paid off – so they can’t fire Pastner – who is still in a 5-year deal.

Anyone 35 years old or younger never knew of Tech being good in basketball (1984-1993 – and they were over-rated anyway).

As stupefying as this is – Rutgers (remember I am from Jersey) hasn’t even made it to the dance since 1991.

On the other hand – UNC will pay any amount of $$$ (25 million) to bury their problems. And seemingly have done so. Yeah!!!! Duke has 3 more one-and-dones coming next year and keep paying their coach over $10 million per year. Yeah!!!! Louisville which should have been given the eternal death penalty for a billion reasons has the number 1 basketball recruiting class next season Yeah!!!! and Syracuse re-hired that prune-faced whiner Bay-hime to keep business as usual up at the ‘Cuse - Yeah!!!! In case you didn't know - these are the 4 “model programs” in the ACC for basketball excellence. Maryland (my buddy is a Terp fan) did right by leaving this insanity.

Isn’t there an FBI investigation going on where they were going to tear down the NCAA!?!?!? What happened to that!!?!?! (FBI got paid off by Corporate America in order to keep the NCAA Tournament afloat - what else can it be?)

Why is EVERY-F*CKING-THING hopelessly stupid beyond belief?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia School of Technology
    You have friends?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Salter21

Salter21 Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Cumming
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    How can you not love the Gus hahaha

6. 00Burdell

00Burdell Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Parts unknown
    Team:
    Georgia Tech and whoever is playing Ugag
    Found this on ToS. Its really sad.

Let's remember who's really at fault here and who is taking it on himself when perhaps he shouldn't be.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Gus

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I was at the Tech's victory over Illinois in Providence Rhode Island in 1985 - beat them - which lead to a game vs. Patrick Ewing and Georgetown. I drove up there - 3 hours - with my buddy Jim (who is still my friend - Coit take notice). That was 33 years ago. May as well have been 333 years ago......... But, I am a phony at heart. If Tech Hoops ever got good again - I would be glued in front of my TV. Until then - I will enjoy my misery...

8. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia School of Technology
    I agree. Not the fault of a single player. He’s a point guard playing in an inept offense that offers him little opportunity to do what point guards do best.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JoeCakeEater

JoeCakeEater Dodd-Like

Loc:
    The South
    Team:
    The Institute
    He is our best player and plays his heart out. I understand how losing could make him doubt himself, but really not his fault that we have bottom of the ACC talent up and down the roster.

10. ElCidBUZZingFAN

ElCidBUZZingFAN Dodd-Like

Loc:
    My house
    Team:
    Georgia Tech

11. southendzoneBEE

southendzoneBEE Gailey-Like Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    When are you going to stop posting on stingtalk?

• Like Like x 2
  12. BrentwoodJacket

BrentwoodJacket Flats Noob

Loc:
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Saving money on the salary for Drew has cost us much more than we saved in the short term. Compare our recruiting to Vandy over the past three years. Vandy 2018 - two 5 stars and one 4 star. Vandy 2017 - one 4 star and two 3 stars. Vandy 2019 - two 4 stars signed. GT 2017 - three 3 stars and one unrated. GT 2018 - one 4 star and two 3 stars. GT 2019 - one unrated signed. The totals Vandy two 5 stars, four 4 star and two 3 stars versus GT one 4 star, five 3 stars and two unrated. Two five stars and three additional 4 stars would change the face of our program. Not to mention that Drew has NBA credibility versus sleazy scandals.