OFFICIAL Falcons Playoffs Thread

I don't believe Ryan was on that defense that looked like it was coached by Al Groh in the 2nd half. They had a 27-7 lead going into the 4th quarter and couldn't hold...

Ryan leads them back to win the game on a FG in only 23 seconds... Yeah, I can see your point. :rolleyes:

Not quite a choke artist, but he had a pretty crappy game. Dude threw into double-coverage a few times and a couple of them were intercepted. When I have time to see the safety coming over on TV and say "No no what are you doing?!" it's definitely a bad throw unless Calvin is the target.

Also, I don't know why really but Abraham being in or out basically turns on or turns off this defense's ability. I think it's just a combination of his abilities and some sort of psychological thing for the rest of the defense. Anyway, when he didn't come back in the second half, Falcons started sucking.

Corndog likes to troll Falcons fans. I wouldn't read too much into it.

You don't say?

And while you losers were all getting ready to jump off the cliff, who called that game winning FG drive? THIS GUY!

I just know football better than you knuckleöööös.

Don't be hatin'.

You don't say?

And while you losers were all getting ready to jump off the cliff, who called that game winning FG drive? THIS GUY!

I just know football better than you knuckleöööös.

Don't be hatin'.

:bigcry:

I'm sure it was already stated somewhere in this thread, but I'm not gonna go look for it.

öööö Pete Carrol.

That is all.

Here's an idea. Give me all the tax revenue from hotels (or even just a portion of it) and with it, I will happily use that revenue to by an NFL team for myself.

Wasn't the Georgia Dome built entirely using public funds?

Wasn't the Georgia Dome built entirely using public funds?

Opened in 1992, the Georgia Dome is home to the Atlanta Falcons, and like the Minneapolis Metrodome, its origins lay in a sports franchise's threat to leave Atlanta for a city that would offer a more profitable stadium. The state of Georgia had been trying to establish Atlanta as the convention center of the south in any case, and Governor Joe Frank Harris supported the idea of building a multipurpose arena that could both accommodate the Falcons' needs and add to the 2.5 million square feet of existing exhibition space in downtown Atlanta. A complex funding package ($14 million for the site, and $174.5 million for the building) included city, county, and state contributions and avoided incurring any direct taxpayer liability by relying on industrial revenue bonds and monies raised from an increase in hotel/motel tax in Atlanta and surrounding areas.

SOURCE

So yes, it was built entirely using public funds (unless I fail at reading comprehension - if so, please explain the difference). If that's the case, I don't understand the uproar over the current request. The Falcons are asking for $300M, and they'll cover the rest. That seems like a pretty good deal for what will be a state-owned facility.

So yes, it was built entirely using public funds (unless I fail at reading comprehension - if so, please explain the difference). If that's the case, I don't understand the uproar over the current request. The Falcons are asking for $300M, and they'll cover the rest. That seems like a pretty good deal for what will be a state-owned facility.

A majority of the uproar is the proposed seat licensing. A fee would have to be paid just for the opportunity to purchase season tickets.

I'm sure it was already stated somewhere in this thread, but I'm not gonna go look for it.

öööö Pete Carrol.

That is all.

Yeah, that was some bush-league, little girl crap he pulled at the end. What, uh, who called a timout?!

Go back to Seattle and enjoy the lovely weather, bitch-boy.

Yeah, that was some bush-league, little girl crap he pulled at the end. What, uh, who called a timout?!

Go back to Seattle and enjoy the lovely weather, bitch-boy.

Apparently he was whining that Matt Bryant took a "practice kick" after TO was called. As if that doesn't happen most every time you try to ice the kicker.

Apparently he was whining that Matt Bryant took a "practice kick" after TO was called. As if that doesn't happen most every time you try to ice the kicker.

I'll have to cue up the DVR but how late did he call it?

I don't think he should complain if he waited until the last few seconds.

I'll have to cue up the DVR but how late did he call it?

I don't think he should complain if he waited until the last few seconds.

Agree, if it barely beats the snap, they should follow through, but the practice kick by the Ravens kicker during the timeout should have been flagged.

In this case the TO was called way before the center even snapped it. Should have been a delay of game penalty. Go Jaguars (southeast Georgia's team). :naughty:

Where? My brother and his family are in Denver (Copperhead) and a good friend of mine and his family are in Park City and I know they're all cheering for the Falcons.

Cascade near Madison. It's not really a reputable ski resort, more like a bunny slope on a giant hill.

In this case the TO was called way before the center even snapped it. Should have been a delay of game penalty. Go Jaguars (southeast Georgia's team). :naughty:

Delay of game? Will it take more than 2 minutes to retrieve a kicked football? LOL

BTW, it should be the responsibility of the tool of a coach who calls the "icing" timeout to retrieve the football.

Except there is no rule against taking a practice kick when the TO is called...

Except there is no rule against taking a practice kick when the TO is called...

Yeah...happens in basketball a lot when a foul is called or the whistle is blown and the guy still jacks up the three.

It's funny how when that happens KG runs up and swats the ball

Back