Official Gameday Thread - Jackets vs Bulls

Ahmarean needs 10 touches

2-3 reverses and enough targets for 7-8 catches

We need to use our TEs, they are usually a QBs best friend for safe high percentage completions

Let's go Jackets let's open this thing up

Agreed we need to get our playmakers the ball as much as possible. Last week was mostly Tobias and Mason, and while they're definitely two of our biggest weapons we have more guys who can make plays. Gotta spread the ball around today.

We can win this game. I’d like to see mistake free football more than anything other than a win.

goals for players:

1. No penalties
2. No missed assignments
3. Effort every play
4. Take care of the ball

Keys to the game:

1. Run da ball. USF DLine is quite subpar. Our guys practice in the heat too. Let’s see some power and gap scheme plays. Wear their asses down.

2. Attack on defense. Blake Barnett is horrible. Holds on to the ball way too long. He telegraphs passes. He’s got a long throwing motion. Their OL sucks too.

3. An elaboration on 2, get pressure with four.
Let’s see some pass rush moves, fellas. Chop their hands, dip, rip, and get home. Stab em in the heart and bull rush. Do something. We can’t rely on DL games, we got caught with that too many times last year and against Clemson.

4. Make them beat us. Limit turnovers, score in the redzone, win special teams battles.

I’d like to see some gap and power run schemes. I’d like to see some 3, 5, 7 step drops when applicable- maybe on first downs since the DL won’t expect it.

I thought we saw some advanced defense last week. Love when we can put 8-10 guys within 5 yards of the line and confuse the OL/QB

Just watched the team walk in. I know we’ve made fun of the Collins heel lift in pictures, but he obviously has something wrong with one of his ankles. He walked in keeping the left foot completely flat.

Keys to the game

Hustle

Hit like hell ,15 yd penalties be damned, in FB the tougher team wins about 95% of the time

Work on the passing game vs live competition, by fine tuning our passing game vs lesser live competition we are more likely to be more successful passing vs better competition where we will need to pass to win those games later in the season

Doesn't matter how weak USF is vs WISCONSIN'S run game we need to position ourselves to be the best version of GT FB for 2019

Let's kick some Bills azz today fellas!

Just watched the team walk in. I know we’ve made fun of the Collins heel lift in pictures, but he obviously has something wrong with one of his ankles. He walked in keeping the left foot completely flat.
This is an example of the high quality content that keeps me coming back to StinGTalk—I’m entirely serious.

No way we’re gonna catch the first part of this game on the ACCN. Pitt game still has 13:30 left in the 4Q.

Speaking of in-depth analysis - from the Tech Facebook post
D301EAF4-745F-4AC6-84D7-51BFBC85AFFF.jpeg

Back