Official Gameday Thread: öööö Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so off the normal Game Day Thread. 1974, damn cold, wet to the bone and more fun that winning the Lottery. The AJC (sic) has an article by Ken Sugiura in today's rag. Yes just a few years back, 49 to be exact, we did the impossible - the unthinkable; Beat UGA in Athens. What a day. Let's hope and pray that the Jackets can complete the regular season with a win that will shake the Football world.
copy of article?
I was at that game my frosh year

fark_K-tHiUnpHmBV-DGYSxTl8V0De1I~2.jpg

Behold, warriors of the Swarm, the legacy of Georgia Tech football, a legacy etched in the annals of time, a saga of triumphs and valor that reverberates through the ages! From the echoes of historic victories to the unwavering resilience in the face of adversity, our legacy is a tapestry woven with the threads of unyielding determination and unparalleled excellence.

Through eras marked by legendary coaches and iconic players, our Yellow Jackets have soared to glorious heights. From John Heisman's innovative strategies to Bobby Dodd's immortal leadership, their spirits infuse our very essence, guiding us through the hallowed traditions that define us.

Remember the echoes of the Ramblin' Wreck charging into battle, the Swarm Defense suffocating opponents, and the explosive offensive prowess that shook the very foundations of our rivals. Our history is written in the sweat and toil of each player who donned the Gold and White, in the deafening roar of Grant Field, in the electrifying moments etched forever in the hearts of our faithful fans.

Today, as we march into this grand arena, remember that each one of us is a custodian of this storied legacy. Let us honor the heroes who paved this path by etching our own chapter in the epic tale of Georgia Tech football. Let our resilience, our skill, and our unwavering spirit embody the essence of those who came before us.

As we clash with #1 Georgia, let our legacy be our armor, our tradition our sword, and our unity our shield. With every snap of the ball, with every surge forward, let us honor the legacy that courses through our veins. For we are the guardians of this storied tradition, the torchbearers of an epic saga—today, let us add another glorious chapter to the immortal legend of Georgia Tech football! Together, for glory, for honor, for Georgia Tech!

Go Jackets!

Here are five statistically supported reasons that the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets could beat the University of Georgia Bulldogs in today's football game:

1. Georgia Tech has been more efficient on offense than Georgia this season. The Yellow Jackets have a higher offensive efficiency rating (127.22) than the Bulldogs (122.36). This means that Georgia Tech has been better at converting its possessions into points.
  2. Georgia Tech has been better at stopping the run than Georgia this season. The Yellow Jackets are allowing just 102.03 rushing yards per game, while the Bulldogs are allowing 131.93 rushing yards per game. This means that Georgia Tech has been more effective at stopping the run, which will be crucial in slowing down the Bulldogs' running game.
  3. Georgia Tech has a better third-down conversion rate than Georgia this season. The Yellow Jackets are converting on 41.46% of their third downs, while the Bulldogs are converting on just 36.36% of their third downs. This means that Georgia Tech has been more effective at extending drives and keeping its offense on the field.
  4. Georgia Tech has a better red zone touchdown percentage than Georgia this season. The Yellow Jackets are scoring touchdowns on 73.08% of their red zone trips, while the Bulldogs are scoring touchdowns on just 67.86% of their red zone trips. This means that Georgia Tech has been more efficient at finishing drives with touchdowns in the red zone.
  5. Georgia Tech has a better turnover margin than Georgia this season. The Yellow Jackets have a turnover margin of +5, while the Bulldogs have a turnover margin of +2. This means that Georgia Tech has been better at taking care of the ball and forcing turnovers, which could be a big advantage in a close game.

Here are five statistically supported reasons that the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets could beat the University of Georgia Bulldogs in today's football game:

1. Georgia Tech has been more efficient on offense than Georgia this season. The Yellow Jackets have a higher offensive efficiency rating (127.22) than the Bulldogs (122.36). This means that Georgia Tech has been better at converting its possessions into points.
  2. Georgia Tech has been better at stopping the run than Georgia this season. The Yellow Jackets are allowing just 102.03 rushing yards per game, while the Bulldogs are allowing 131.93 rushing yards per game. This means that Georgia Tech has been more effective at stopping the run, which will be crucial in slowing down the Bulldogs' running game.
  3. Georgia Tech has a better third-down conversion rate than Georgia this season. The Yellow Jackets are converting on 41.46% of their third downs, while the Bulldogs are converting on just 36.36% of their third downs. This means that Georgia Tech has been more effective at extending drives and keeping its offense on the field.
  4. Georgia Tech has a better red zone touchdown percentage than Georgia this season. The Yellow Jackets are scoring touchdowns on 73.08% of their red zone trips, while the Bulldogs are scoring touchdowns on just 67.86% of their red zone trips. This means that Georgia Tech has been more efficient at finishing drives with touchdowns in the red zone.
  5. Georgia Tech has a better turnover margin than Georgia this season. The Yellow Jackets have a turnover margin of +5, while the Bulldogs have a turnover margin of +2. This means that Georgia Tech has been better at taking care of the ball and forcing turnovers, which could be a big advantage in a close game.
6. öööö georgia

OK, so off the normal Game Day Thread. 1974, damn cold, wet to the bone and more fun that winning the Lottery. The AJC (sic) has an article by Ken Sugiura in today's rag. Yes just a few years back, 49 to be exact, we did the impossible - the unthinkable; Beat UGA in Athens. What a day. Let's hope and pray that the Jackets can complete the regular season with a win that will shake the Football world.
I was at that game in Athens.

Interesting analysis. I hope somehow those numbers equate to an upset for Georgia Tech.

If I had to guess, I’m going to share with you the statistic that is keeping Nick Saban up at night, as he prepares for the SEC championship showdown with Georgia, and it’s the one that bothers me as a Tech fan today:

UGAs QB has a 73% completion rate for 3,320 yards, 21 touchdowns and just five interceptions this season

The most important position on the entire field has very impressive statistics.

Any tips on handling the UGAg fans that bought from the GT season tix holder (he who bragged at Cuse' game about making a profit) behind me?

1. Georgia Tech has been better at stopping the run than Georgia this season. The Yellow Jackets are allowing just 102.03 rushing yards per game, while the Bulldogs are allowing 131.93 rushing yards per game. This means that Georgia Tech has been more effective at stopping the run, which will be crucial in slowing down the Bulldogs' running game.
#2 makes no sense to me. We are allowing fewer rushing yards? I find that hard to believe

Is this some AI bullshit?

Any tips on handling the UGAg fans that bought from the GT season tix holder (he who bragged at Cuse' game about making a profit) behind me?

If you are in Section 223, I would recommend you relocate.

I took my dad to the game, and it was so miserably cold, windy, and wet, that I suggested leaving at halftime, since the game was essentially over. He wouldn't have any of it, saying he was enjoying it too much. Miserable and GLORIOUS day !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back