Official GT-Dook Game Chat Thread (if for some reason you can't Chat in Chat Room)

GiveEmHellJackets

Dodd-Like
Re: Official GT-Dook Game Chat Thread (if for some reason you can't Chat in Chat Room

I'm looking at the stats in the first quarter only, which is what I said.

You're considering the fact that GT (The better team) beat the living daylights out of Duke (A much worse team) for three quarters.
Hilarious that you are saying this now considering that after "the first quarter only" you were saying that we were "going to lose to Duke" and talking about how you could go ahead and cancel your ACCCG plans.

So, did it bother you when Nesbitt celebrated this win?:laugher:

gsu_paintballer

Dodd-Like
Re: Official GT-Dook Game Chat Thread (if for some reason you can't Chat in Chat Room

Then why respond in the first place? Looks to me like you were looking for some action...
Because I'm not going to have him take me out of context (context being the situation) to try and prove his point.

unforgiven108

Dodd-Like

Oh, so I was wrong? Duke didn't outclass them in the first quarter?
No. They had one good drive, and then let GT make some mistakes.

Not 'outclass' by any means.
Because I'm not going to have him take me out of context (context being the situation) to try and prove his point.
How did I take it out of context? You said the first quarter...I said what happened in the first quarter. They had one good drive, and capitalized on our mistakes. That is not outclassing the other team, that is taking advantage of a break. Any team can do this.

Here I'll even break it down for you.

Duke Possession 1: They slice our D for a TD.

GT Posession 1: Can't get started against Duke, 3 and out.

Duke Possession 2: 4 and out.

GT Posession 2: Get the ball inside our own ten...two penalties stall drive, muffed punt leads to TO on our side of the field.

Duke Possession 3: Gift from GT turnover only turns into a 3 and out FG.

GT Posession 3: 1 play TD.

Duke Posession 4: 3 and out.

GT Posession 4: 2 plays for 53 yards before end of quarter.

So Duke had 4 full posessions and went 4 and out or worse on 3 of those drives, and get a lucky FG because of fumble.

GT had 3 full possessions and scored on one and had penalties stall another. So one REAL stopped drive by Duke's D.

So the BEST argument you could make is that Duke was 'even' with us for one quarter, and I wouldn't even make that argument, as outside of their first drive they didn't do jacksquat in the first quarter.

cyptomcat

Hibernating

GEHJ, unforgiven, thanks for bringing up this, unfortunately Tech fans do this a lot. It was happening at the stadium as well, at one point I was the only one standing up and shouting for our defense in 3 whole sections.

As far as 'baller' goes, just ignore him, because he won't get it.