Official GT v Kentucky Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see kick Kentacky's ass and then beat UNC in b'ball, i'm out to buy a few lottery tickets.

Stinktalk is a new place now that we've ridden our blessed nation of the communist idiot Obama. Sorry that you are one of the troglodytes that think we can engineer society while taking all of our freedom. Sorry your so stupid.

Wat8.jpg

I think the last 5 quarters of defensive football have really seen the team turn the corner in that phase of the game. They clearly did a good job in their bowl prep of being ready for what Kentucky likes to do in the running game be it read option or wildcat. And, I think today was the best Tech's pass rush has looked in... forever. Not a lot of sacks, but Kentucky's QB only had time go through his first couple of receivers in the progression before the pass rush got into his face or feet and he had to try to escape. Unfortunately, in college football momentum is sometimes difficult to carry over an offseason, but I'm hopeful this is a sign of things to come for next season.

Thank you to whatever academic tutors worked with Mills to get his grades on point, because their combined work enabled the glorious sight of Mills leaving his cleat marks up and down Kentucky defenders' chests all game long. It was obvious from his first carry of the game he'd get 4-5 yards a carry the way Kentucky was lining up. By the Fourth Quarter, Kentucky was so worn out that the O-line was blowing them 4-5 yards off the ball regularly. Run defense is mostly about attitude and fortitude if the athletes are roughly even on both sides of the ball. Tech ripped out Kentucky's defense's heart and took away their will to fight.

On both sides of the ball, it was very clear by the end of the day who were the ass kickers and who were the ass kickees ("BBN"). After beating Louisville, I think they came into this game thinking it was going to be a coronation against a less hyped ACC team, and when they fell behind two scores after getting punched in the mouth, instead of punching back they cried like a bunch of victims. And that's why Kentucky football is a punch line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back