Official GT vs Duke Game Thread

1982Jacket

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Dook slept walk through this game. And still beat us by 12. Which is the most they have beaten any team from a major conference all year. If ever a team deserved the chant "Over Rated" it's Dook. Now that they don't have any more games against SC State, Gardner Webb, Citadel, Elon, Lafayette, Army and of course the Campbell Fighting Camels, they're going to lose plenty this year.

We're 6-7 and have finished the easiest part of the schedule and now face ACC opponents the rest of the way. We're winless and dead last in the ACC. And some of you are talking tournament runs. And pimping our freshmen, even though for whatever reason Mile Kelly cannot even see the floor. Must be the same dudes who thought we would win 7 games in football this year. There's being a fan, and there's being optimistic, and then there's being totally ööööing delusional. Newsflash: Moses is not around to bring mannah from heaven for us any more.

clapper

Dodd-Like
We're 6-7 and have finished the easiest part of the schedule and now face ACC opponents the rest of the way. We're winless and dead last in the ACC. And some of you are talking tournament runs. And pimping our freshmen, even though for whatever reason Mile Kelly cannot even see the floor. Must be the same dudes who thought we would win 7 games in football this year. There's being a fan, and there's being optimistic, and then there's being totally ööööing delusional. Newsflash: Moses is not around to bring mannah from heaven for us any more.
Says the guy who picked them to win 21-23 games.

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
Dook slept walk through this game.
Don't buy into the media narrative here. We played very good defense in the first half, but clearly got tired in the second. Had we been more careful with the rock in the first half, the 2nd half would've likely been a lot closer.

Duke got their share of easy baskets in the paint, just like Louisville did. With Howard in the lineup, that wouldn't be happening as frequently. We were having to double up on some of their guys and couldn't switch fast enough at times.

1982Jacket

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Says the guy who picked them to win 21-23 games.
Please to remind me where I did that. I've been drinking more than usual lately, but I don't remember that at all. If I did that (IF) that must have been some great drunken night and I'd like to remember it. TIA!

PS - Went back to win prediction poll thread and don't see it there.

PPS - I removed your poo as you requested.

OptionJacket

Flats Noob
Coach K is scum. If his team didn’t get every call and given double digit more free throws than their opponent Coach K would be a nobody. He’s a gym teacher who is now a legend that can’t be questioned. Just wait until the tourney and he gets every call to get to the Natty game.

K is genuinely unlikable, and I'm not just a player-hater who hates anyone successful. I like Tom Brady, love Saban. K is just awful. Roy, Izzo, Calipari, Knight, Jay Wright, whoever, all land somewhere on the spectrum from 'pretty charismatic' to 'extremely charismatic' and then there's...K. Get him to retirement already

coit

Smarter than Diseqc
K is genuinely unlikable, and I'm not just a player-hater who hates anyone successful. I like Tom Brady, love Saban. K is just awful. Roy, Izzo, Calipari, Knight, Jay Wright, whoever, all land somewhere on the spectrum from 'pretty charismatic' to 'extremely charismatic' and then there's...K. Get him to retirement already
From what I've seen and read, he is respected, but not liked. Not hard to see why.

18in32

Petard Hoister
We're 6-7 and have finished the easiest part of the schedule and now face ACC opponents the rest of the way.
Not exactly. 6 of our losses were incurred during the hardest part of "the easiest part of the schedule"... Wisconsin (Ken Pom #30), UNC (#31), LSU (#12), USC (#18), Louisville (#60), and Duke (#7). Most of the rest of our ACC schedule is ranked below most of these teams.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
“You don’t know who you are talking to.” Sounds like a threat to me. Coach K will put a bounty on Devoe, calling on his buds in the Polish mafia, I mean, the NCAA.

“You don’t know who you are talking to.” Sounds like a threat to me. Coach K will put a bounty on Devoe, calling on his buds in the Polish mafia, I mean, the NCAA.

CJP apologizing is weak sauce.

He should have been barking at the refs for their awfulness. The only thing that gets said to Coach K is “do NOT talk to my player I’ll handle it”.

Separately Devoe was probably out of line. But apologizing to Coach K instead of standing up for your player = :puke:

/

clapper

Dodd-Like
PS - Went back to win prediction poll thread and don't see it there.
When you're in that thread, you can click on the 'Votes' in the poll to see who voted. You (and 3 others out of 52) picked 21-23.

1982Jacket

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
When you're in that thread, you can click on the 'Votes' in the poll to see who voted. You (and 3 others out of 52) picked 21-23.
Don't remember that drunken orgy, but it must have been a doozy. Then again, I tried to stay drunk during that entire six game Waffle House Streak, and this would have been right in the middle. I guess I must have thought the two freshman were actually top 100 players who were going to be impact players this year.

Anyway, I definitely ööööed up.

clapper

Dodd-Like
Don't remember that drunken orgy, but it must have been a doozy. Then again, I tried to stay drunk during that entire six game Waffle House Streak, and this would have been right in the middle. I guess I must have thought the two freshman were actually top 100 players who were going to be impact players this year.

Anyway, I definitely ööööed up.
Well, based on the state of the team, at least you can start your next binge now, just in time for the baseball win projection poll.

Wrecked

Varsity Lurker
CJP apologizing is weak sauce.

He should have been barking at the refs for their awfulness. The only thing that gets said to Coach K is “do NOT talk to my player I’ll handle it”.

Separately Devoe was probably out of line. But apologizing to Coach K instead of standing up for your player = :puke:

/
This! Dont apologize, he had the chance to call out the hypocrite for what he does and abandoned his player. Recruits notice which coaches go to battle for their players. Pastner failed this test tonight. BTW love Devoe talking trash to the Rat. Moved into my top 10 Tech players with that move.