Official GT vs. VT Game Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Jacketblind, Feb 13, 2019.

1. RussianOffense

RussianOffense Flats Noob

Loc:
    Iowa City, IA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Amen.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Huh? This was a fun game to watch. We battled back to take the lead at the half. We were down 4 with 8 min to go (I think – something like that). We finally hit some shots and made some good plays. Weirdly, I think our faltering defense was the bigger problem tonight – and of course all the turnovers. Seems like it's been years since 20+ turnover games weren't the norm.

• Like Like x 1
  3. southendzoneBEE

southendzoneBEE Gailey-Like

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    öööö off loser. I wasn't talking to you.

• Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  4. southendzoneBEE

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Ok nothing was fun about this at all. And nothing has been fun for the last 15 years except for one tournament appearance.

• Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  5. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia School of Technology
    Man you’ve turned into the biggest little bitch in the past year. You need to find your balls.

6. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket Something Extraordinairre

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Just finished working out, enjoyed getting big cried for saying I wouldn't watch then watch the big cryer whine about ööööty play. Tis Tech hoops! Hey Josh Pastner said it himself, we just need some luck to land a stud player to turn this thing around. Luck! I actually still enjoy watching this öööö show, but didn't feel like getting annoyed about basketball tonight.

7. BrentwoodJacket

BrentwoodJacket Flats Noob

Loc:
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I hate to say it but we need to keep Pastner until we can afford to hire a good coach. We can not afford to hire another mediocre coach to save money.

8. southendzoneBEE

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    öööö off coit. I'm as happy as I've ever been in my life. I'm engaged and have a 7 month old. Brand new cottage for really cheap, and in the woods only a couple doors from grandparents. Work is great, side job is great, and everything else for that matter.

The reality is I want GT basketball to be successful, and it hurts my soul to deal with this for 15 years. It also hurts my soul to see PC culture taking over and Liberals running the country into the ground. Those things I emphatically discuss on here, really the only outlet I use for this kind of communication.

• Like Like x 1
  9. southendzoneBEE

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I also don't see how my posting style has changed in 10 years. Onlineathens literally did a profile on southendzonebee and his awful posts about Georgia football 7 years ago.

And I alone am the reason for the profanity filter. If anything I've toned It down a Bit.

10. GT98

GT98 Helluva Engineer

Loc:
    parts unknown
    Apparently, from your posts, you don’t understand that short of a scandal, Pastner is here until 2021 based upon gettting out from under the Hewitt and Gregory buyouts. GT ain’t paying 3 guys to not coach here and would have little left over to hire a new staff with. Can’t inagine that TStan could rally the donors to foot that bill.

11. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Another moral victory

12. BrentwoodJacket

BrentwoodJacket Flats Noob

Loc:
    Brentwood, Tennessee
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    As my post states, I am now reconciled to that sad reality. I hope I am wrong but it looks like we will continue to be a non-factor for at least three more years. There are now 100 NCAA and NIT bids. Yet we will miss out for the second straight season and we are not trending upward.

13. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Oh, feel free to do your thing against the Dwags. Just don’t come here and whine when we actually played a decent game. VT shot lights out in 2nd half or we win that game.

14. southendzoneBEE

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Decent game my mothers ööööing asshole. We played like goddamn garbage against a faker of a top-25 team that we should have demolished twice now. Awful performance all the way around, from shooting, rebounding, and coaching. Who in their right mind would call that a decently played game by GT? Turnovers galore in awful situations, holding the ball for a full shot clock and not even realizing it is going off, miss after miss after miss after miss under the rim, CJP literally laughing and obviously not into the game at all. This is pathetic. It has been pathetic for a while, but this is my breaking point in THIS season.

We played like absolute dogshit the entire game and the coaching staff should be embarrassed. I'm not going to blame our SA's anymore than I did in the previous paragraph. They don't deserve to be called out by name, but CJP deserves all of the hell he is getting.

15. Salter21

Salter21 Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Cumming
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    ahhahahahh "decent game." This team is hilariously bad and getting worse. Just accept reality and move on

• Like Like x 1
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  16. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    We only had 13 turnovers, and several of those occurred late when we were presssing. We average over 16 in ACC play.

We shot over 40% overall and from 3 pt. Highest we’ve had in awhile.

VT shot 59% in the 2nd half. And while we may have had some defensive lapses, you aren’t going to beat anyone shooting at that rate.

• Like Like x 1
  17. southendzoneBEE

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Get your stupid stats out of my face. We did not watch the same game obviously. Coit we are benching early regulars and playing a rando euro kid who had 20 acc minutes all year before last night. This team has absolutely NOTHING good about it other than James Banks missing every shot he takes under the basket.

• Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  18. GTCrew

GTCrew Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Forsyth Co.
    Team:
    gt
    Dude, wtf do you think we are doing at this point in the season? If you were coach, would you be negative towards your players or positive at this point? If you were coach, would your priority be winning or player development at this point?

19. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    I assume you are referring to me. Show me where I whined about ööööty play? Everything I posted in this thread was a fact based on the results of the game.

For instance, Alvarez couldn't have been any worse because he was something like 0 for 8 at that point of the game. He scored a couple of buckets late in the game but was again struggling to hit any kind of shot. And we consistently go for stretches of 4 and 5 minutes without scoring in every game. Those are just facts.

That being said, we led at the half, and cut a 10 point 2nd half deficit to a single bucket around midway through. Then VT went on a tear. I saw a lot of good in this game.

20. atlanta jacket

atlanta jacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    atlanta ga
    Team:
    georgia tech
    It is a totally sad situation, a dumpster fire for sure