Official Jackets vs Syracuse Thread

JelloJacket

Flats Noob
It’s not misery dumbass....it takes teams losing ahead of you to move up. Teams lost ...we moved up.
What would you say the odds were if we won out and say go 1-1 in the acc tournament that we would have made the tournament? Pretty sure it has to be >99.9%. That is what people mean when they believed we control our destiny. It doesn’t take some lucky set of circumstances for us to sneak in if we take care of business.

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
What would you say the odds were if we won out and say go 1-1 in the acc tournament that we wouldn’t have made the tournament? Pretty sure it has to be >99.9%. That is what people mean when they believed we control our destiny. It doesn’t take some lucky set of circumstances for us to sneak in if we take care of business.
Look at the Duke-Louisville results with Lunardi ....barely moved. Xavier with a quad 1 win over Creighton and they didn’t pass us. Like it or not Indiana losing today helped us. Sorry you guys can’t correlate

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
What would you say the odds were if we won out and say go 1-1 in the acc tournament that we would have made the tournament? Pretty sure it has to be >99.9%. That is what people mean when they believed we control our destiny. It doesn’t take some lucky set of circumstances for us to sneak in if we take care of business.
That would be 16-9, 12-7 with presumably the ACC Tourney loss being to no worse than a Quadrant 2 team and not a double-digit seed? I’d say about 90%. Win out and win 2 ACC Tourney games and I’d go up to 99%.

JelloJacket

Flats Noob
Look at the Duke-Louisville results with Lunardi ....barely moved. Xavier with a quad 1 win over Creighton and they didn’t pass us. Like it or not Indiana losing today helped us. Sorry you guys can’t correlate
Pretty sure everyone gets it. Someone had to lose over the next week+ for us to get in. That was a practical certainty though in most everyones opinion. You never answered my question though:
What would you say the odds are if we win out and go 1-1 in the acc tournament that we won't made the tournament?
You can back date the question to just moments after our win today.

jts1207

Pretty sure everyone gets it. Someone had to lose over the next week+ for us to get in. That was a practical certainty though in most everyones opinion. You never answered my question though:
What would you say the odds are if we win out and go 1-1 in the acc tournament that we won't made the tournament?
You can back date the question to just moments after our win today.
No not everyone gets it. They’ve been saying no help needed . It all depends on how it all plays out...if Duke keeps losing them all the sudden that earlier win doesn’t look so good? 1-1 in the Tourney beating State\Pitt and losing to a FSU doesn’t do much. Nothing locked in.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Right, because he obviously won’t move Xavier up here after beating Creighton just now
Wasn't your first post sarcasm, suggesting that he would obviously move Xavier up once they beat Creighton. But didn't you then post the Tweet in which explains that nope, despite Xavier winning, he's not going to move them up past us? This leaves me a little confused.

jts1207

Wasn't your first post sarcasm, suggesting that he would obviously move Xavier up once they beat Creighton. But didn't you then post the Tweet in which explains that nope, despite Xavier winning, he's not going to move them up past us? This leaves me a little confused.
They did move up just not much which goes back to my point for the final time.....we started the day outside and only moved inside due to the word help that has triggered so many. It’s odd he barely moves X up for beating a top 15 but only moves Duke down 1 for losing.

18in32

Petard Hoister
It’s odd he barely moves X up for beating a top 15 but only moves Duke down 1 for losing.
Yeah, what's really going to suck is when Lunardi and other bracketologists say we're in and the committee disagrees. That's happened a few times in Tech history, and that really, really stinks.

jts1207

Yeah, what's really going to suck is when Lunardi and other bracketologists say we're in and the committee disagrees. That's happened a few times in Tech history, and that really, really stinks.
It’s all going to come down to the mid majors and their at large. No Ivy League AQ this year picks up a spot as well

18in32

Petard Hoister
This is turning into the GT basketball has pointy elbows thread.
Pipe down and enjoy the fun. These kids are cool.
Have you been absent from this forum this year? All the threads have turned into disputes between those who are trying to enjoy the season and those who think success isn't welcome if it means more Pastner.

wishbone

Dodd-Like
Have you been absent from this forum this year? All the threads have turned into disputes between those who are trying to enjoy the season and those who think success isn't welcome if it means more Pastner.
I lurked through the hate the coach stuff...but this team is smoking. Cheers for them. They play hard, I just hope they don't run out of gas. Today was so fun to watch.

Last edited:

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
I’d kill for some tickets to the Duke game.

And is March Madness going to take place without fans this year??

*edit* just looked it up, March Madness games will all be played in Indianapolis and will have 25% capacity.

Last edited: