*OFFICIAL* Signing Day

KG01

Dodd-Like
That's why I appreciate Kelly Quinlan so much. He's a Dwag graduate too but still gives us great coverage.
Really? I would've never guess that about Quinlan.

Eric T. is also a great advocate for GT and source of info, by the way.

There's no reason to ever read anything Carvell puts out there. The funny thing is if you peruse any other fanbase's boards their opinion is the same of him.

bonham

Dodd-Like
Cool pics, but can somebody please find Corey Griffin a GT uniform?

msm5

Flats Noob
Front page of AJC has a breaking news headline: "Georgia Tech class complete"

KG01

Dodd-Like
Any word on who we maybe expecting to add to the class?
Based on the numbers, all we know right now is he'll be a Griffin. :cool:

I suspect Elder may potentially be added later after he explores his possible bball-only offers.

non-gineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Now that the kicker has signed, we can all breathe a little easier and move on to more important things. Everyone hear that the postal service is cutting Saturday deliveries now?
Could be as high-impact as anyone in this class. Imagine how we would have finished the last few seasons if every kick-off went over the end-zone and FGs were automatic inside the 50.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Could be as high-impact as anyone in this class. Imagine how we would have finished the last few seasons if every kick-off went over the end-zone and FGs were automatic inside the 50.
Is that what we're actually expecting of this guy?

jacket67

Dodd-Like
I predict he will score more points than anyone else in this class.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
I didnt feel like reading the past 22 pages of this thread so sorry if this is a repeat question... but why do we never fill our allotment? I'd rather give a scholly to a Marshall-bound recruit than offer a role-playing walk on. Our past six class sizes are 14, 17, 22, 18, 21, and 20. I look at other schools and this doesnt even compare to anyone not named Duke or BC. Can we not find 25 warm bodies?

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
I didnt feel like reading the past 22 pages of this thread so sorry if this is a repeat question... but why do we never fill our allotment? I'd rather give a scholly to a Marshall-bound recruit than offer a role-playing walk on. Our past six class sizes are 14, 17, 22, 18, 21, and 20. I look at other schools and this doesnt even compare to anyone not named Duke or BC. Can we not find 25 warm bodies?
just because you can legally take 25 per year doesn;t mean you have that many slots open.

We have been very young the past 3 or 4 years, which means less people graduating, which means less spots for new recruits.

On the other hand, we are STILL not taking our actual number and we are still giving one year scholarships to walk ons. That's because either the staff doesn't have a handle on how much attrition we are going to have, or they get the correct number of commits and then don't get anymore so that when we inevitably lose some at the end, we end up short. We tried to steal a Marshall-bound recruit 2 days ago and he turned us down.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
just because you can legally take 25 per year doesn;t mean you have that many slots open.

We have been very young the past 3 or 4 years, which means less people graduating, which means less spots for new recruits.

On the other hand, we are STILL not taking our actual number and we are still giving one year scholarships to walk ons. That's because either the staff doesn't have a handle on how much attrition we are going to have, or they get the correct number of commits and then don't get anymore so that when we inevitably lose some at the end, we end up short. We tried to steal a Marshall-bound recruit 2 days ago and he turned us down.
We lost the Marshall recruit because we started ignoring him in August. That's on the recruiting staff. We know we lose people at the end and do nothing about it.