Official upset the turkeys game thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Jacketblind, Jan 9, 2019.

1. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia School of Technology
    Cut them a little slack. CJP has to burn too many timeouts early, then had to burn his last because AD was cramping.

It would be good to know where Haywood was tonight.

2. Jacketeer

Jacketeer Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Queens, NY
    Team:
    The Orange Men
    Haywood had strep throat. Was Shembari there?

• Like Like x 1
  3. RussianOffense

RussianOffense Flats Noob

Loc:
    Iowa City, IA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Lol. 49 points

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  4. The Gus

The Gus Banned (Temporary) Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    52-49 - Is that the half-time score?

The defense was great, the effort was great, the coaching was great, the fans were great. Unfortunately, the game of basketball is 99% about offense. So, Tech has the other 1% covered very well.

Looks like 6-12 in conference for the 854,231,987,123,987,654 year in a row................................... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  5. 00Burdell

00Burdell Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Parts unknown
    Team:
    Georgia Tech and whoever is playing Ugag
    VT averages in the 80s and we held them to 52. Want to LoL at that too?

• Like Like x 6
  6. CoachTech

CoachTech Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Teach
    Lots of 2020 recruits at the game. Good atmosphere for them to see, horrible game though.

7. 00Burdell

00Burdell Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Parts unknown
    Team:
    Georgia Tech and whoever is playing Ugag
    Recruits want to see atmosphere and a rowdy crowd. I think we provided that. The outcome isn't really as critical as how juiced the place is. And CPJ was in the front row which I thought was pretty damn cool.

8. brackam97

brackam97 Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I don’t see you can put this loss on poor coaching. We played exceptional defense and got good looks on offense. Players have to make plays. Turnovers, missed free throws, missed layups that’s not coaching.

Man we needed to close that one.
    I’m afraid the rapid descent starts now.

But glad we showed out for recruits. And liked the supportive energy out of Usher.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Buzzing72

Buzzing72 Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Missouri
    Team:
    Ga. Tech
    Great effort. The guys played hard all game. We just struggle so bad on offense its hard to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Gus

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Where's Matt Causey when you need him!?!?!?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  11. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket Something Extraordinairre

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    • Like Like x 3
  12. 18in32

18in32 Petard Hoister

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    This feels like a post-game post in the football forum in the past couple of years.

13. Dirty Jacket

Dirty Jacket Something Extraordinairre

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Excellent effort from the kids tonight. Just shot ourselves in the foot early and often and totally imploded in the last few minutes. Still a lot better than I expected against a really good and well coached team. The problem down the stretch was we just do not have an alpha on this team. Alvarado wants to be the alpha but he disappears for long stretches. We had Josh and Tadriq last year who wanted the ball with the game on the line. Alston ran away from it tonight which stinks.

14. johncu

johncu Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greenville, SC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I have to disagree. I thought we looked like a team of mostly young guys playing against an older, more experienced, more talented, top 10 opponent that we would have beaten if we made a 1 foot open layup.

Virginia Tech has only scored less than 70 points once this season (62). They put up 81 on Notre Dame and 77 on BC. We held them to 52. I don't see how we can put that on Pastner. IMO he's been a MUCH better coach than I anticipated. Let's just hope his recruiting can come around - I do think Alvarado and Devoe are good gets.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Salter21

Salter21 Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Cumming
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Jesus Christ that was painful. This doesn't quit but is just so ööööing bad. Anyone else notice Banks celebrating every VT turnover like he won a championship? Then proceeds to score 2 points in 36 ööööing minutes and miss 2 point blank layups including 1 with under a minute left that would have put Tech ahead. The lack of self awareness is astonishing. What a sad state of affairs GT basketball is

• Big Cry Big Cry x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  16. gtfan1147

gtfan1147 Dodd-Like

Effort this and rowdy atmosphere that are crutches. This was a loss we’ve seen over and over for 15 years. I just don’t get how so many of you continue to excuse being among the very bottom scum of all of Power 5 basketball while thinking things are going to change.

Look at the other programs. They go to Sweet 16s and fire their coaches for not doing enough year in and year out. Things will never change if it’s all about finding moral victories.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Salter21

Salter21 Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Cumming
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Totally agree. VT played by far their worst game of the season, missed a ton of wide open 3's, and put that game on a silver platter. And we still blew it in pathetic fashion. öööö moral victories. öööö shooting below 60% from the free throw line. öööö doubling the opponents turnover total every game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  18. The Gus

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Since Marbury 1996 (except for the 2003-04 & 2004-05 seasons) every minute spent following Tech is a minute wasted in your life that you won't get back. That includes this season. Oh, and by the way, there is no end in sight.

So, if you are here (a total unequivocal loser like me) - you have no life and have much time to kill. THERE IS NO OTHER LOGICAL EXPLANATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Big Cry Big Cry x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. RamblinWreck92

RamblinWreck92 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Shangri La
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    looks like another moral victory for GT hoops. another in a series of many. Another "should've won that but at least we played hard for being so young!!"
    Am puzzled as why anyone would buy season tix for this?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. johncu

johncu Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greenville, SC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    So you'd rather Banks have his head down and not try to pump up himself and his teammates. When our players are playing bad, they should also have a bad attitude instead of playing harder and trying to infuse energy into the team. Gotcha.