Official Yellow Jacket v. Blue Goats Game Thread

I didn't expect UNC to just roll over. We need to get one stop/turnover on Defense and this game is ours.

Look how bad our expectations are..........we didn't get one stop, one sack, and gave up 17. Overall not a bad effort by the D. :ugh:

We are stopping run okay, but we look like we think the forward pass is illegal when they throw it.

Don't get me wrong, our gap assignments look much better on D then they did last couple of weeks.

I don't understand why a coach (in this case Davis) doesn't use some time-outs at the end of the half (when TECH was driving) so that his team can get the ball back (especially since they will be kicking off to start the second half).

No question - if Davis would have expended all 3 of his time-outs - UNC would have easily had well over a minute of time to make a final drive - which, as we know, is more than enough time to move the ball into scoring position vs. TECH.

Davis - What a total idiot!

Then again most football coaches would have done what he just did (or should I clarify "didn't do!).

I'm still scratching my head at how your can over-pursue a quarterback planted and looking to throw. Twice.

Look how bad our expectations are..........we didn't get one stop, one sack, and gave up 17. Overall not a bad effort by the D. :ugh:
The point is that we don't look as lost as we did last week and we seem to be playing a little tighter. Today we seem like it's possible that we could get a stop, last week that seemed like a pipe dream.

Offense is firing on all cylinders and I like it. We may be doing this a lot again this year, scorching the field on offense and praying for a stop on defense. Maybe we'll see some improvement on defense over the course of the season, which would be an improvement over 2009.

The reason I qualified my statement is because NC's offense doesn't look anything like last year. Their TE is a great player and their starting tailback is talented and plays with fire. Even Yates doesn't look like the same inept player he was last year.

CPJ's halftime interviews are better than superbowl commercials.
:laugher: It was funny watching him try to restrain himself from calling the guy an idiot. Hasn't CPJ said something in the past about Raycom guys? I feel like maybe it was after the BC game in 2008, during the radio show at Fox Sports Grill.

Has anyone else noticed how the ball spots seem to be rather poorly done in this game. Maybe it's my shade of glasses, but I've seen several occasions where the refs spotted us a full yard or two behind where we should have been and a few instances of the opposite in favor of Carolina. My wife said she noticed it, too, so I don't think I'm crazy.

i hope this never pans out, put if CPJ ever decides to take an early retirement, can you imagine him as a commentator?

it has worked out very well for Bob Knight with ESPN hoops... I'd expect CPJ to be even better (if he can restrain himself at times)

if cpj and friedgen were locked in a room, would they even say a word to each other

Has anyone else noticed how the ball spots seem to be rather poorly done in this game. Maybe it's my shade of glasses, but I've seen several occasions where the refs spotted us a full yard or two behind where we should have been and a few instances of the opposite in favor of Carolina. My wife said she noticed it, too, so I don't think I'm crazy.
This always happen when we play carolina teams and teams from virginy.

The difference on D is that the linebackers are actually getting their name called. I think Brad Jefferson had his name called more in the first half than all of last year.

Now we just need better coverage and better QB rush. Not sure we have the Jimmies and Joes for that, but props to CPJ for sticking with Isaiah Johnson despite the blown coverage angle. We'll need the younger guys to step up for our passing D to be halfway effective.

Back