Officially official GT vs Louisville game thread 6pm

79tech

Flats Noob
There were some positives
1. Mecca can play some defense
2. Bubba back
3. Offense actually looks a little better

There were some negatives
1. The freshmen and the transfer all played poorly both offensively and defensively
2. Did not hit 3's very well
3. Were not solid offensively when it counted - Devoe throwing up prayers and Usher not doing enough

rain

Helluva Engineer
2. Bubba back

1. The freshmen and the transfer all played poorly both offensively and defensively
3. Were not solid offensively when it counted - Devoe throwing up prayers and Usher not doing enough
We still lost
We still suck
If we don’t get an injection of talent next year a decent coach is getting fired

1982Jacket

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Family obligations prevented my watching. Yeah, I know - I was a Tech man before I had a family, where are my priorities, Mind Wrong, etc.

Still, I'm waiting for the expert analysis by jts1207.

The Jacket

The Coat
I think it's important to keep perspective through all this: we can all still just kill ourselves. Worth keeping in mind, especially those of you who are drinking heavily.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
2. Bubba back

We shot 37.5% from 3.

18in32

Petard Hoister
On the scale of Pastner support, I've been on the general side of 'give 'em more time.' But I gotta admit that I'm getting a little more skeptical as this season drags on.

Fingers crossed we turn this around, but the offensive woes continue to plague us, and our defensive intensity was not there for large portions of this game. On several occasions they had open lay ups, while we were fighting for tough shots deep into the shot clock. Devoe looked asleep for much of the game, was a ball-handling liability, and took several ill-advised shots. Given how poorly we played, it's a nice surprise that it was a close game – but at this point close ain't cutting it anymore.

We're in a pretty bad slump now, and while this was a close and competitive game – and one that probably comes out differently with our missing size playing – this season is starting to go sideways. I definitely expected Pastner to build on last season more effectively than he has done so far this season. My patience is beginning to wear thin.

79tech

Flats Noob
We shot 37.5% from 3.
ok - you are right - the 3 % is not bad. I think I was thinking about other than Devoe and Usher who were 7-14 while the rest were 2-10. Usher hit his first 3 very early and then tapered off.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
ok - you are right - the 3 % is not bad. I think I was thinking about other than Devoe and Usher who were 7-14 while the rest were 2-10. Usher hit his first 3 very early and then tapered off.
Didn’t notice that on the other’s 3’s. I wish Ush would get out of whatever’s ailing him. We’re a lot better team when he’s playing well.

RussianOffense

Tabbed as one of the elite posters of Stingtalk
Don't worry, we'll be playing our best basketball by the time we get to our ACC schedule!