OK I know this has been mentioned before...

JacketFanPCB

Damn Good Rat
and pardon me for bringing it up again, but WHAT are we gonna do about TAILBACK next year??

Think about it, Sidney and Gordon are done. It doesn't look like Hatch is gonna make it back. I KNOW we're all relying on Tony Hollings making it back 100 percent, but what if he doesn't or worse, what if he's re-injured?

I know we've got Ace, Sampson, and PJ Daniels, but is that enough??

What am I missing. Help!

shocked.gif

Touchdown Tony for Heisman next year if he runs for 650 every 4 games like this year. I wouldn't worry about the HB as much as the QB, we have 4 lineman coming back so running should be a strength no matter who is running especially Tony. Losing Watkins and Glover will hurt because the other guys are big play guys not possesion type receivers like Kerry and Will. I hope AJ isnt starting, I would rather see us adopt Nebraska's offense and play J SMith at QB.

Either we will recruit some more backs this year, move some players from other positions to the backfield, or both, I hope.

wink.gif

Of course, we're all guessing here but I imagine that RB will be a MAJOR priority going into Spring practice. We have a bushel of talent to work with, TH is making fantastic progress (although at last reports he may not be ready by the Spring) and we may land another blue chip prospect (still guessing here).

Right now we're looking at ACE, Sampson, PJ, Jermaine?, Dixon, Hollings, and some "darkhorses"
like Eddie Lee, Jr., and whoever else Chan decides to "demote" as well as a bevy of FBs to enhance the running game. Fred would be an awesome scatback if he doesn't switch to QB (which I predict he won't). TECH actually has quite a few guys on the roster that know a little something about what to do with the football.

Should be interesting.

Back