OK....(repost)....THE POP-QUIZ!!!!

Buzzfan

Flats Noob
Posted this last night, but (no surprise) it went unanswered.

Let's see what this morning's OQ (objectivity quotient) is on ST!!

(note: I've decided to relax the 'no calculators' rule....not that I think it mattered last night ;-)

Originally posted by Buzzfan:
Ok, stateline.....I know it's late, but.........it's......time........for.........a POP-QUIZ!!!! :>)

Put all books and papers under your desk. You can't use a calculator, but a straightedge, compass, and GI Joe with Kung-Fu Grip™ are all allowed.

Ok.....ready?

Football Team A , with an established coaching staff and all-veteran offensive skill players and an overall marginal defense, has a 7-5 regular season record.

Football Team B plays virtually the same schedule and is basically the same team as A ......EXCEPT for these FEW teensy-weensy differences....

(1) Replace both quarterbacks from Team A who actually completed passes.

(3) Replace the top THREE rushers from Team A (#3 actually plays in a couple of games before a season-ending concussion).

(4) Lose the heir-apparent top rushing threat after 4 games.

(5) Lose most of the remaining contribution from the true-freshman heir-apparent-apparent RB to injury.

(6) Lose another RB (after missing an entire season to injury) to yet another injury.

(7) Use five different starting OL combos during the season.

(8) Replace the two top sack and TFL men from team A's marginal D (one is available at 50-70% for the first couple of games, then gone for the season.)

(9) Bring in a new Head Coach and staff (save 2).

Solve: Record.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">EXTRA HELP: Keep in mind that in Team A's 5 losses, that veteran offense still scored 27 ppg. The defense, however, allowed 33.

Reminder.....I will be screening all answers with the CS department's 'code-share' software. ;-)

Bonus question????

After preparing for a full year, what did the new coach accomplish in his first year, with some of the best talent that TECH has ever had, in the very important game against arch-rival Ugag, that NO other coach in the history of TECH has EVER allowed to happen?

And just how embarrassed were each of you over it?

Originally posted by beeware:
Bonus question????

After preparing for a full year, what did the new coach accomplish in his first year, with some of the best talent that TECH has ever had, in the very important game against arch-rival Ugag, that NO other coach in the history of TECH has EVER allowed to happen?

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Originally posted by statelinejacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by beeware:
Bonus question????

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BeeWare, I do believe the answer was we lost 51-7! And how embarassed was I? Never more embarassed in my life over Tech football game.

BeeWare, I have the answer to your bonus question. Do I win a prize? The answer is the 2001 team which was rated preseason top ten.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Where is my prize?

grin.gif

Why do you Chan-bashers think you are the ONLY ones embarrassed, depressed, and disappointed by the UGA loss? That is extraordinarily egocentric of you.
Why do think the only legitimate response is to lust for a lynching? What that shows is that you live off anger.
And why do you keep harping on it? That shows that somewhere down deep you LIKED it: you want it to be the focus of Tech football. You want all opinions to revolve around a humiliating loss.
You can deny this all you want, but it's what you sound like to many of us.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
Why do you Chan-bashers think you are the ONLY ones embarrassed, depressed, and disappointed by the UGA loss? That is extraordinarily egocentric of you.
Why do think the only legitimate response is to lust for a lynching? What that shows is that you live off anger.
And why do you keep harping on it? That shows that somewhere down deep you LIKED it: you want it to be the focus of Tech football. You want all opinions to revolve around a humiliating loss.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good points, Belly.

Embarrassed??!! For the love of Dodd, YES!!!! That was AWFUL!!

About the only good thing I can say about that game is this.......

I'll NEVER have to worry about it popping up on ESPN Classic! ;-)

lol buzzfan that is true .. that one won't be on ESPN classic .. but it was a classic butt thrashing ..

ouch

Originally posted by Buzzfan:
About the only good thing I can say about that game is this.......

I'll NEVER have to worry about it popping up on ESPN Classic! ;-)
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Oh gawd, please burn all the tapes just in case!!!

Originally posted by bellyseries:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's certainly the way they sound to me as well.

Agree with you on all counts in this post Belly!

Back