OK, We Did In 10+ Games But...

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeznil

Varsity Lurker
The seniors have played great their whole time here - we all owe them for that. Couldn't beleive what the announcers said in the game last night regarding GO's comments that the soph/juniors have the leadership skills the seniors were lacking - or something to that effect. Forgot the exact words, but I'm sure O'Leary was only complimenting the young group of guys we have and not insulting the seniors.

Anyway, anyone else here think that Chris Young will make an outstanding NFL free safety? Maybe even a great corner..

this goes back to what I said earlier when Poree jumped on that out in the clemson game he has not seen the field since then.

Poree was suppose to be the best of the lot.

Our defensive backs seem to be out of position a lot. I don't know if they watch the run too much. Bill Curry pointed this out several times in the FSU game.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I think lack of depth/size at the def line and injuries to the LB's was what indirectly hurt our coverage in the secondary. Seems like the last two games we got pushed so much at the line that the secondary knew they had to watch for the run each time. I think we need to improve on both sides of the line before GT will be contenders for a 5th National title.

On another note, anyone heard anything about Chris Brown? I know he wasn't drafted, and I heard that his feet looked a little slow at the combine, but I figured someone would pick him up. Line him at right guard at least - HE WAS THE MAN!! NFL or not, I'm sure he's doing fine though - he's a GT grad and a total class act.

I think the Tech program is considered a winning program, a top 25 contender every year, and a bowl contender every year; now that is a reason for recruits to get excited about signing with Tech. I am disappointed with how the season turned out because this team had the potential to win 10+ games, but after two heartbreaking losses in overtime, the coaches and players could not get it turned around and things just went downhill from there.

After the bowl game we can all get excited about next year. We have a wealth of talent at QB, good RB's, WR's, and LB's; we've got to get some studs up front on both sides of the ball. As far as the coaches are concerned, I think we will find out the Fridge was right, they are a pretty good group. Yes, they dropped the ball this season but now we get to see what O'Leary is really made of, he has to prove that he can win 9 or 10 games without his ole buddy Fridge. I really think next year will be as rewarding as this one was disappointing but I hate to use the word disappointing, I think we were just snakebit.

Finally, I'd like to thank these seniors for a four year stretch that included 10, 8, 9, and 7/8 wins, four bowl games, and a total of six wins against Clemson and Georgia.

South Georgia Jacket

I think the Tech program is considered a winning program, a top 25 contender every year, and a bowl contender every year; now that is a reason for recruits to get excited about signing with Tech. I am disappointed with how the season turned out because this team had the potential to win 10+ games, but after two heartbreaking losses in overtime, the coaches and players could not get it turned around and things just went downhill from there.

After the bowl game we can all get excited about next year. We have a wealth of talent at QB, good RB's, WR's, and LB's; we've got to get some studs up front on both sides of the ball. As far as the coaches are concerned, I think we will find out the Fridge was right, they are a pretty good group. Yes, they dropped the ball this season but now we get to see what O'Leary is really made of, he has to prove that he can win 9 or 10 games without his ole buddy Fridge. I really think next year will be as rewarding as this one was disappointing but I hate to use the word disappointing, I think we were just snakebit.

Finally, I'd like to thank these seniors for a four year stretch that included 10, 8, 9, and 7/8 wins, four bowl games, and a total of six wins against Clemson and Georgia.

South Georgia Jacket
What an idiot!

We are not an annual contender for top 25. Annual means every year. LSU is annual, Auburn is annual, hell son, GA is annual, but we are not.

Now we make more money than graduates of those schools, but we are not annual contenders for the top 25, and won’t be with Sewak on staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back