Okay Sleutths, What Is The Real Story?

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
The Big East was very upset when Miami, Syracuse, and Boston College were headed to the ACC.

Rutgers proffered a plan to allow only Miami to leave and for Syracuse and Boston College to stay.

The Big East is trying to lure Miami into staying, but I have heard no mention of the suit remaining against the ACC if Miami leaves.

The silence from the Big East about Virginia Tech leaving has been deafening.

It appears the only two schools they are willing to file a suit to keep are Syracuse and Boston College.

I have my ideas, but would like to hear other ideas on this subject.

drinking.gif

Not sure what your asking ahso. The suit is still going forward. In fact they are trying to get BC to fill them in on the "back room deals" so they can strengthen their case. They haven't decided what to do about VT. The idea of letting Miami go was a Rutgers idea which no one else ever made any comment on that I saw.

Assuming Miami does join the ACC I would expect the lawsuit to go forward (with VT pulling their name off) to see what they can get. If they feel the deal was done to damage the BE, they still have a case considering we took their 2 best football teams.

If all that pans out and Miami becomes our newest addtion to the ACC, it will be very interesting in that VT was among the original five schools named in that suit against the ACC. Wouldn't that discredit the suit?

Back