Ol’ Roy to Retire

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Glad to hear Ol’Roy is done at UNC. Time for all the old guys to retire- Coach K, Boeheim, Laranaga, Hamilton. Time for the Josh Pastner era of ACC dominance to begin. (Perhaps shared with Tony Bennett.) Hearing UNC fans clamor for Wes Miller. Sounds good to me.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
End of an era for sure. Lived in Durham from '09-'12 and it really was a great place to be for a college basketball fan. Fan interest was off the charts, there were tons of great games within short driving distance, they set up special channels to show all tourney games, etc.

I know Tobacco Road gets a lot of hate, and I definitely understand it, but they're also a big part of what makes college ball great, and few represent that better than Roy Williams and Coach K.

00Burdell

Dodd-Like
Funny how I never cared much for K or Boeheim but always liked Roy Williams.

jts1207

5 years $10 million 1 NCAA 0 wins + Prob = GOAT
Will be interesting to see who they go after

What’s Paul Hewitt up to?

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Must be so tremendously difficult to coach and recruit at the place where Air Jordan played ball.

Roy Williams will always be (to me) the most overrated coach of all time.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Must be so tremendously difficult to coach and recruit at the place where Air Jordan played ball.

Roy Williams will always be (to me) the most overrated coach of all time.
He certainly entered into an enviable position--basketball school, with one of the top few rosters in the country when he took over. Nonetheless, Dean Smith and his successors won one national championship in the post-Jordan/pre-Roy years. Then, Roy won three titles in 17 years, which is more than Dean Smith won in 37 years, and constitutes half of the national championships in school history. Not too bad for the most overrated coach of all time.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Didn’t he also coach at Kansas right after Larry Brown won it all as the Jayhawks head coach in 88?

coached there 15 years and consistently lost as the #1 seed year after year after year.

cyclejacket

Not Responsible for Biden BS
He certainly entered into an enviable position--basketball school, with one of the top few rosters in the country when he took over. Nonetheless, Dean Smith and his successors won one national championship in the post-Jordan/pre-Roy years. Then, Roy won three titles in 17 years, which is more than Dean Smith won in 37 years, and constitutes half of the national championships in school history. Not too bad for the most overrated coach of all time.
TBF, about a decade and a half of Dean's tenure was reserved for John Wooden and UCLA. What are the totals on ACC and ACCT titles between the two?