OL grad transfer Devin Cochran not coming to GT

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Per KQ tweet. WTF. This sucks. Guess we'll get more clarity later.

Going straight to the draft?

Big bummer. He was a huge get. 2020 is the worst.

He hasn't been with the team yet and word was there were some snags in his transfer. If the hill blocks a damn Vandy graduate, I don't know what else to say.

Ugh. I was assuming this is 'rona related.

He took all the GT-related stuff off his twitter. Still sounds fishy to me. You would think if it was totally on him, he would come out with a statement something like, "like to thank GT for allowing me to transfer in yadda yadda yadda, but I feel the best decision for me now is to focus on the draft and my health and safety, blah blah blah." But we got nothing and all the sudden the dude erases all ties to GT.

Let's take a breath and wait to see. Any number of things could have led to this. It's a public forum, we certainly don't need to turn our nose up on someone who at least at one point wanted to come here.

Let's take a breath and wait to see. Any number of things could have led to this. It's a public forum, we certainly don't need to turn our nose up on someone who at least at one point wanted to come here.
Oh I'm not turning my nose up on him. Quite the opposite actually. Just pointing out that by him removing all the GT content, it's like he is upset with something on GT's end. His transfer not being eligible is probably the most likely thing that would deter him if it was in fact something on GT's end.

Oh I'm not turning my nose up on him. Quite the opposite actually. Just pointing out that by him removing all the GT content, it's like he is upset with something on GT's end.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he's upset with GT, maybe he's embarrassed by something he did that revoked his admission, maybe he just decided not to play and doesn't want people asking him at GT, etc. Don't really know.

Oh I'm not turning my nose up on him. Quite the opposite actually. Just pointing out that by him removing all the GT content, it's like he is upset with something on GT's end. His transfer not being eligible is probably the most likely thing that would deter him if it was in fact something on GT's end.

I'm not directing it at anyone except some who may come along and post something dumb, public, and publicly dumb. We all want grad transfers at Tech. Sometimes (especially now) they may not work out for a million different reasons, and it's not productive for a fan to dump on one before we know what happened, that's all.

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe he's upset with GT, maybe he's embarrassed by something he did that revoked his admission, maybe he just decided not to play and doesn't want people asking him at GT, etc. Don't really know.

I have no clue what happened, but one of the other million reasons right now could be the fact that the NFL has players opting out every day, thinning the ranks of playing players and therefore practice squad players. And we all know when they start playing, depth is going to be thinned even further.

I am most excited about Antonneous Clayton being able to play this year. Cochran was #2 in my book.

Every frikkin year Georgia Tech loses its best players. Swear to God, man.

He hasn't been with the team yet and word was there were some snags in his transfer. If the hill blocks a damn Vandy graduate, I don't know what else to say.
Someone on the other site metioned he had not actually graduated from Vandy.

The majority of my optimism for this season was centered around him anchoring LT. Expected win total drops ~1.5 games without him IMHO given the state of our OL. Brutal.

Someone on the other site metioned he had not actually graduated from Vandy.
I think that had always been the known case, that he was set to graduate from Vandy after taking some summer classes. So either that didn't pan out, GT didn't accept the transcript, or he chose to not play. Maybe we'll find out.

He has zero actual ties to GT. He thought he might come here, he didn’t. He didn’t play here, didnt graduate here, never even practiced here. There’s no reason for him to keep GT affiliated with himself, or send a note of thanks to a school he never enrolled in, coaching staff he never played for, or teammates he never lined up beside.

He has zero actual ties to GT. He thought he might come here, he didn’t. He didn’t play here, didnt graduate here, never even practiced here. There’s no reason for him to keep GT affiliated with himself, or send a note of thanks to a school he never enrolled in, coaching staff he never played for, or teammates he never lined up beside.
He did show up to campus with the team when they were allowed on campus. So while he never practiced, he has been with the team for awhile now.

Back