O'L used to want his commitments out ASAP.

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
O\'L used to want his commitments out ASAP.

& I heard him say wtte 'they would help bring in others'. He also wanted a total commitment when he committed a scholarship to that youngster. O'L & staff didn't cotton to taking other visits after we committed a 'ship to them & would even recind a promised 'ship if the player took other visits (i.e. Gerald Anderson in '01 & yes I realize there's more to the story). It seemed to be a pretty good strategy for recruiting; we'll commit a schollie to u & u commit to us & not take any more visits, so tell anyone u want to that u are coming to GT. If u want to call other recruits, that would be great. There wasn't any Signing Day surprises as we reeled in who we thought we'd get.
This staff seems to be using different tactics in it's recruiting approach. Even the national recruiting advisors can't find much info on GT. The commitments don't appear to be going public very quickly, although some are. All our GT reporters on the Hive say we have several silents who don't want to go public yet & may be taking other visits. Young men who have gone public with their GT commitments are now taking other visits. We fans, or even addicts closer to the program leaders, are in the dark as to which way we're going with our recruiting needs.
It's certainly 2 different philosophies & I reckon only time will tell if one or both work appropriately. We've gotten some 'real winners' so far this season, but we've also gotten some 'unknowns'. And we still have some commits that we're not even close to being sure about. Will there be Signing Day surprises going both ways this yr? We lost one we thought we had on Signing Day last yr. Will this new philosophy work to bring us the players to win the ACC like we did in '98?

Re: O\'L used to want his commitments out ASAP.

I gotta suggestion. Would you please use complete sentences and try a little harder to let us know where you are comimg from?

Your desire to cut corners and use shortcuts to make your point are giving me a headache. I have no idea what point you are trying to make, 75% of the time.

I think your desire to fit in language-wise is your biggest debt-tree-mint?????

Bye-the--Bye. Do You ................Live...around here..............Often?

More later!

You could take it easy ALive.
grin.gif

GTT-- This is just an insider thing. ACE and I go back 31 yrs.

Back