On a positive note, 2003 could be...

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
...one of the most gratifying seasons since our turn-around in 1995. No one outside the Tech family gives a horse's hindquarters about us. The Tobacco Road media picked us to only finish ahead of freakin' Dook. The AJC figures we oughta just save ourselves some embarassment and just forfeit the season right now. We can take advantage of this and play the role of spoiler. Right now, we're laying in the weeds. The guys have a chance to go out there and kick some people in the teeth and say "Hey! We aren't dead just yet!" Then again, if they pout and don't go out there with a winning attitude, we'll get steamrolled.

C'mon, though, if John Bunting could lead Carolina to an 8 win season and a thrashing of F$U a couple years ago, then anything is possible.

Who's with me?!?!?
soapbox.gif

If we can stay relatively healthy, get good play from the QB slot, and a surprise or two from the DL.. we will have a very good year.. these guys are being woefully underestimated ... the coaching staff is being underestimated as well.

considering the law of averages, we're also due for a lucky break or two. I think we're going to surprise some folks this year.

Reminds me of a quote from Major League:

"Every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think we'd save everyone a lot of time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sports writers' time. So, I'd like to hang around and see if we can give 'em all a nice big sh**burger to eat."

Seems HIGHLY applicable this year!

The simple fact is there isn't a lot of difference among most of the teams in this conference. If we get good QB play we can play with anybody.

Back