Only 9 teams left as Fiesta hopefuls &

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
some of them are slim while others will be on the edge this Sat. The one loss teams cannot stay in the hunt with another L. Does anyone see any of the 9 falling Sat? Not as testy as last Sat, but there are landmines here.

1)Miami(8-0)-@Tenn(5-3). vs VT
2)Okla(8-0)-@TxA&M(5-4). vs TxT, @Ok St
3)Oh St(9-0)-@Purdue(4-5). vs Mich
4)Texas(8-1)-vs Baylor(3-6). @TxT, vs A&M
5)Wash St(8-1)-vs Ore(7-2). vs Wash, @UCLA
6)Iowa(9-1)-vs NW(3-7). @Minn
7)VaTech(8-1)-@Syr(3-6). vs Va, @Miami
8)Georgia(8-1)-vs Miss(5-4). @Aub, vs GT
9)NC St(9-1)-@Mary(7-2). @Va, vs FSU

It's now down to 7 as VT & NC St are out. It's also down to only 2 unbeatens, Miami & Ohio St. Iowa may be the best team in America right now, but does not have a chance without some huge upsets.

GT Ace, interesting lineup for remainder of season.

It appears Miami plays only as hard as they need to in order to win. I believe they sandbag a lot against the weaker teams, but it has almost cost them a couple of times.

At one time, I thought VT would give them a good game, but that is looking dimmer, however, I am sure VT will go all out against them.

Texas Tech might take a cue from A&M and throw the ball over the Oklahoma defenders. It appears Oklahoma plays a tight defense and the bomb may be just the thing to loosen them up. At this time, I think Texas Tech will have a good shot at Oklahoma.

The Ohio State/Michigan is always a donnybrook, but Ohio State has been pretty steady all year. They might make it through unscathed. It could very well be Miami and Ohio State, but both must tread water.

Texas will be tested by both Texas Tech and Texas A&M, but also have a pretty good chance of surviving with just one loss.

Washington State has two good tests coming up and could lose again to either team on a given Saturday.

Iowa has a good shot at being in the race if Oklahoma or Miami falters.

Georgia could still make it a race because of their defense and some good skilled athletes. However, Georgia looks strong one moment and vulnerable the next. I wish it was us who knocks UGA out, but it seems they have the most problems with Auburn every other year.

My odds:

-Miami goes undefeated
-Ohio State possibly undefeated, but a real fight with Michigan
-Oklahoma loses another
-Texas gets by with only one loss
-Washington State loses another
-Iowa does not lose again
-Georgia could get by without another loss or could lose two more

drinking.gif

Back