Onwards and Upwards

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
First of all, don't ever celebrate a Tech loss, or wish for one. It doesn't matter what you tell yourself about seeing the big picture, or how much you know better than everyone about the coach. No matter your reason, regardless of how noble you think it is, rooting for a loss or celebrating it, is an act of treason. We're Tech fans and we will still be Tech fans regardless of who the coach is or the record. It's the bond that ties us together.

Second of all, seeing the silver lining in a loss like this is not a celebration. I'm pissed off. I really was hoping for a bowl win to end the season over an opponent we should have easily beaten. But BOR is right. This was the epitome of the state our program's in and this loss will unify us more than anything else right now under the new coach. I think whether we like Paul Johnson or not, we're all ready to move forward into a new era. We will still have cynicism, because we as Tech fans are the best in the world for being cynical, but there is nothing wrong with being optimistic and trusting TStan has made and is making the right moves for our program to return to relevance. I trust him first which is why I trust Coach Collins. He has said all the right things so far, we'll see if it translates to recruiting and wins in time.

Third of all, while I do not agree with a lot of the choices CPJ's had made over the last couple of years, I'm still grateful for the things he's accomplished for us in the last 11 years. He is literally one of us, an asshole who thinks he knows best and will rub your face in it when he beats you with his stubborn ways, and that's how I will always remember and cherish him. That is the hardest part of saying goodbye to Paul Johnson, he is and will always be one of our own.

So I say, from my own family motto to you, onwards and upwards. Believe in bigger and better things to come and they will come to us. Now's the time to support the program like you never have, in whatever capacity you can, because we're in the doorsteps of great changes to come and we all need to be behind it. Still be a cynical yellowjacket and never give credit to anyone before it's earned but do your part in our great revolution so we can achieve greatness together.

We may cuss each other out sometimes, say ööööed up things to one another, but we're all together in this. Never give up on this bond that makes us a family.

Go Jackets and THWg

Last edited:
First of all, don't ever celebrate a Tech loss, or wish for one. It doesn't matter what you tell yourself about seeing the big picture, or how much you know better than everyone about the coach. No matter your reason, regardless of how noble you think it is, rooting for a loss or celebrating it, is an act of treason. We're Tech fans and we will still be Tech fans regardless of who the coach is or the record. It's the bond that ties us together.

Second of all, seeing the silver lining in a loss like this is not a celebration. I'm pissed off. I really was hoping for a bowl win to end the season over an opponent we should have easily beaten. But BOR is right. This was the epitome of the state our program's in and this loss will unify us more than anything else right now under the new coach. I think whether we like Paul Johnson or not, we're all ready to move forward into a new era. We will still have cynicism, because we as Tech fans are the best in the world for being cynical, but there is nothing wrong with being optimistic and trusting TStan has made and is making the right moves for our program to return to relevance. I trust him first which is why I trust Coach Collins. He has said all the right things so far, we'll see if it translates to recruiting and wins in time.

Third of all, while I do not agree with a lot of the choices CPJ's had made over the last couple of years, I'm still grateful for the things he's accomplished for us in the last 11 years. He is literally one of us, an asshole who thinks he knows best and will rub your face in it when he beats you with his stubborn ways, and that's how I will always remember and cherish him. That is the hardest part of saying goodbye to Paul Johnson, he is and will always be one of our own.

So I say, from my own family motto to you, onwards and upwards. Believe in bigger and better things to come and they will come to us. Now's the time to support the program like you never have, in whatever capacity you can, because we're in the doorsteps of great changes to come and we all need to be behind it. Still be a cynical yellowjacket and never give credit to anyone before it's earned but do your part in our great revolution so we can achieve greatness together.

We may cuss each other out sometimes, say ööööed up things to one another, but we're all together in this. Never give up on this bond that makes us a family.

Go Jackets and THWg

You must have invented something that automatically types out what you are speaking. My fingers are now sore just looking at all of that text. I couldn’t imagine actually typing all of that out.

265033535613aa73c769f01b9266b5fe.jpg

Back