Open Letter to the Coaches

OptionsJacket

If you don't like what they say, punch em
When we have half-hearted arm tackle attempts at ball carriers, and guys who let up rather than trying to run guys down, I think there's an effort issue. I'm not saying it's every play, but it's happening.
Yep, and it's mostly the pre-Collins players.

savbandjacket

Critical Infrastructure
Yep, and it's mostly the pre-Collins players.
Is there something going on with this? I know a few of the pre-Collins guys (those who were gone before he came in) bitch and moan about Collins and the program on twitter. Looking at F. Burden who is very outspoken and a few others. Has that gotten down to the active roster such that we have a large divide between CPJ recruits and Collins recruits and the latter set isn’t giving 100% effort because butthurt?

OptionsJacket

Is there something going on with this? I know a few of the pre-Collins guys (those who were gone before he came in) bitch and moan about Collins and the program on twitter. Looking at F. Burden who is very outspoken and a few others. Has that gotten down to the active roster such that we have a large divide between CPJ recruits and Collins recruits and the latter set isn’t giving 100% effort because butthurt?
It's certainly possible. I do twatter, but would love to see who's doing the bitching and moaning.

GTFLETCH

Flats Noob
Thank goodness AD TStan AI2020 has surpassed his Goal of 125M... They raised $152M thus far... Becuase it is about to get lonely at the home FB games... while the offense has improved the defense is worse than TED Roof or Al Groh defenses....Not sure many fans will show up to watch other team put of 48 and 73 on us... This started last year (see Citadel, VT games) and is happening this year... piss poor coaching... BILL LEWIS LEVEL

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
Out of curiosity, what are the Johnson alumni complaining about? Negative comments about Johnson?

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Out of curiosity, what are the Johnson alumni complaining about? Negative comments about Johnson?
The switch away from the TO and the current emphasis on improved recruiting is looked at as an affront to the previous regime. There are some legitimate gripes, like some of the hyperbole on the size of the OL, but it does seem like there are some who would like to see CGC fail so that they can affirm CPJ's legend status. Of course, that's true of many in our fan base.

Gobees

Flats Noob
If true, that's double bad news should many of them choose to return after their "free" year.
That means we will have a duplicate, if not worse, year in 2021.
If they're that unhappy, why stay? Certainly not to enhance their chances to get drafted.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
If this is true, the coaches should be able to discern it since the coaches careers are on the line. This would be another good reason to play the youngsters.

It would also mean we have a bigger problem than a couple of bad losses and that it needs to be addressed immediately. Independent of Coach Collins, I have faith that Coach Key, Coach Choice and Coach Coleman will make the necessary decisions.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
If true, that's double bad news should many of them choose to return after their "free" year.
That means we will have a duplicate, if not worse, year in 2021.
If they're that unhappy, why stay? Certainly not to enhance their chances to get drafted.
it should be made abundantly clear that non performers who return for 2021 will not see the field.

GTCrew4b

Get That Corn Outta Ma Face
This is very typical during transitions that aren’t super successful. We even experienced some of it during the 2010 season. It is probably playing a role, but we are not disciplined, prepared, or focused.

OptionsJacket

The switch away from the TO and the current emphasis on improved recruiting is looked at as an affront to the previous regime. There are some legitimate gripes, like some of the hyperbole on the size of the OL, but it does seem like there are some who would like to see CGC fail so that they can affirm CPJ's legend status. Of course, that's true of many in our fan base.
Well those losers should be taking it as an affront. It's partially or mostly their fault for the happening. Good to know their feelings are hurt after severely underperforming for too many years.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
He may be the only LB that can call the defense. I can't see any other reason than that for him being out there and not at least in a rotation.
That would be a major coaching issue. We benched senior offensive linemen. Why the hesitation at the other positions?