Open Letter to the Coaches

OptionsJacket

If you don't like what they say, punch em
If true, that's double bad news should many of them choose to return after their "free" year.
That means we will have a duplicate, if not worse, year in 2021.
If they're that unhappy, why stay? Certainly not to enhance their chances to get drafted.
The bad players leaving would be bad news for us?

"woof woof"- GoBees on his free time.

goldbybirth

Dodd-Like
Is there something going on with this? I know a few of the pre-Collins guys (those who were gone before he came in) bitch and moan about Collins and the program on twitter. Looking at F. Burden who is very outspoken and a few others. Has that gotten down to the active roster such that we have a large divide between CPJ recruits and Collins recruits and the latter set isn’t giving 100% effort because butthurt?
Very possible. UTx has been dealing with this since the Herman switch.

OptionsJacket

If you don't like what they say, punch em
then why is he playing the position that traditionally "quarterbacks" the defense?
Maybe he knows all of the falls. Watch him when the ball is snapped. David Curry effin sucks.

Backups must be hurt/not know the calls well enough to breakthrough.

OptionJacket

Varsity Lurker
We will see a decent amount of roster turnover this off season. GT football will be ok. Collins strength is getting players so any guys we lose will easily be replaced. The QB room will be completely different sans 1. I expect our offense to be pretty darn good next year. Defense has been an issue for non-factories for a long time not just GT. The sky is not falling.

I enjoyed Coach Johnson but he was the one who turned what could have been a juggernaut offensive system into a QB keep run only offense. The A-Backs were what made that system unique because of the wishbone options to a 4 wide set from the same formation from play to play, but at GT he completely abandoned the passing side which allowed his system to be dominated by the likes of Duke. Add on top of that his lack of recruiting the QB position led to his systems ineffectiveness. Bottom line is Coach Johnson dropped the ball on marketing his system to high school players. I hope one day we see that system come back with a young hustler type coach who can sell it to legit dual threat QB’s. I freaking loved the versatilty of the A-Back position, but Coach Johnson turned it into a blocking position with an occasional pitch.