Opinions on this game...

techjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I usually don't have a whole lot to say about things on this board so here it goes: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif

I don't care about our fans who thought we didn't deserve to be in a bowl game. There are nothing but POSITIVES to come from this!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we just beat the $#!% out of co-Big East champion Syracuse?

This is a tremendous lift for our players, coaches and fans for next year. Did any of you here the props we got all night from the announcers? Can you immagine how that sounded to a potential recruit?

Injuries killed us this season. If PJ stays in the VT game I honestly think we win that one. A healthy PJ probably beats Ugag too.(I know, I have a hard time understanding the end of that one too)

Looking back, I don't think CG's play calling killed us. I think that RB tried to just do too much. I think the pressure just got to him and he couldn't perform. Hopefully tonight will help him going into next spring.

I truly believe that CJ could end up being one of if not THE best receiver the NFL has ever seen. He is unbelievable!

Looking at next year's schedule I see us winning no less than 7 games and no more than 9. Defense will be top 10 in the nation no doubt. I do believe the key will be RB. My only hope is that if he isn't getting it done CG will get someone in there who can.

All-in-all, a very good way to end the season! Way to go guys!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Your opinions sound a LOT like what the guys at Espn said tonight and what Black Watch has said all year long !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10.gif

Funny thing is, I HAVE been saying it ALL YEAR to all that know me not just tonight!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Well look on Espn.com..seems GT just

handed Syracuse their worst Bowl loss since 1953, some 51 years...Not too Shabby!!!!! 51-14 !!!

if we win 7 games next year with our schedule, CG should get a 2 year extension at least since he will be winning in a hellaciously tougher conference than GOL ever dreamed about with mainly CG's own players and it would be a definite plus for recruiting purposes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif
And I hope you are right. Go Jackets!

Personally, I stand corrected. I originally thought we did not deserve to go to a bowl after the Athens fiasco but there is no doubt this was a great win that showcased our program. Black Watch is correct in that beating Syracuse is much more significant nationally and in the eyes of impressionable 18 year old recruit than whipping Tulsa last year. We could be poised for big things with a few breaks and continued improvement from Reggie who had a fine game.

Thanks...ALL I was trying to say as the people

that KNOW football (Namely ALL the Espn crew) was that Syracuse was NOT a bad Football team...But of course the Chan Bashers went ballistic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/werd.gif ..Certainly us beating them 51-14 is VERY promising....

Back