Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

EastboundJacket

Damn Good Rat
Can we give this its own thread? Not sure what kind of scoop a radio dude in Jacksonville would have, but come on — let’s get this train rolling.

I know some of you may be tired of “brand” and “swag,” but a move from Collins to Coach Prime would be like jumping from a Prius to a Ferrari in that department.

:facepalm:

Deion is not taking a job at an academic school. Period. Ever.

And if he does, that school will be in the dictionary as an example of the phrase "Stepping Stone."

We don't need a stepping stone HC. We need someone who wants to be here. The only coach we have had in over 40 years who actually wants to be here is our current HC.

So basically, we are ööööed.

Last edited:

And if he does, that school will be in the dictionary as an example of the phrase "Stepping Stone."

We don't need a stepping stone HC. We need someone who wants to be here. The only coach we have had in over 40 years who actually wants to be here is our current HC.

O'Leary was a stepping stone seems fine

We don't need a stepping stone HC. We need someone who wants to be here. The only coach we have had in over 40 years who actually wants to be here is the one we have.

First of all, that’s not true. CPJ loved coaching at Tech. And do you actually believe Geoff wouldn’t fly out the door to go bring the “swag” to Nebraska or some öööö if he was having success?
Second, I don’t need a coach who wants to come here for the rest of their career. I need one who can win. And if he moves on, fine — an elevated program will then lead us to an elevated replacement.
If you don’t believe that, look at a team like Boise St. (Peterson to Harsin). Success breeds success.

Bring it. Prime Time would get us back into prime time very quickly, I would imagine...

YES...No doubt this would be awesome. No one else in college football would bring that level of excitement. All recruits would be excited for a call or visit. Let's have our high school coaches scoff at him and say "This is bulldog country" like they have done to all our coaches after Dodd. I doubt they would have the balls to say that to Deion. He is a legend.
Can he coach? Can't be worse than the current court jester we have pacing our sideline.

Normally I’d be very hesitant to hire Deion as head football coach at a major program. I love him as a player. I just don’t know how a few years at a minor program translates to running a big program in a major conference. Something just says brace for a major violation.

But these aren’t normal times so what the hell. Anything at this point is an improvement.

I can't imagine anyone who would move the needle more in terms of media and get the NIL money flowing our way. Deion is basically everything Collins tries to be, but legit. DB guru, elite recruiter, swag etc.

Fwiw, KQ already poured cold water on this.

Paul Johnson wanted to be here, and was the winningest coach since Bobby Dodd, but thanks to the people on this site and our idiot to football fan base who just had to have a so called modern day coach and offense, well you got what you wanted and our um um um um um um dumbass AD, who you cant blame him for Collins being a complete failure, but can blame for the seven year contract!!, this is a ten year disaster, and may have possibly put us in a 15 year downturn, this school's powers at the top and the regions do not care about sports and never will.
And our fans are not realistic period get the fork out,
WE ARE DONE!!!

Paul Johnson wanted to be here, and was the winningest coach since Bobby Dodd, but thanks to the people on this site and our idiot to football fan base who just had to have a so called modern day coach and offense, well you got what you wanted and our um um um um um um dumbass AD, who you cant blame him for Collins being a complete failure, but can blame for the seven year contract!!, this is a ten year disaster, and may have possibly put us in a 15 year downturn, this school's powers at the top and the regions do not care about sports and never will.
And our fans are not realistic period get the fork out,
WE ARE DONE!!!
What hole did you crawl out of? F off back into it.

First of all, that’s not true. CPJ loved coaching at Tech. And do you actually believe Geoff wouldn’t fly out the door to go bring the “swag” to
Dude, nobody else in FBS other than service academies would've hired him. Of course we weren't a stepping stone since we alone would accept the triple option commitment. Few on this board can accept the cold-hard facts that the triple option destroys programs at the sacrifice for competing with inferior talent. It's as if all the problems with our current team are only due to the coaches and just coincidentally came after the triple option. I know all the PJ fan boys will immediately poopoo this post (whatever makes you feel better) but sometimes the truth hurts.

Deion is intriguing. I thought it was a publicity stunt when he took the JSU job. From what I can tell, he is sincere in his efforts and has elevated that program while bringing meaningful attention to HBCUs. He has to at least be on the list should our job open up.

I don't foresee Sanders going anywhere, for 2 years. Deion's kid is at the helm, as QB of the team. With that said, I do fully believe that Deion will end up at a larger school. GT will, more than likely, moved on to a different coach, by that point. Also, not sure Deion goes straight to a P5 school. I see him more hitting a major non-P5 school. Maybe App State, Georgia St, Georgia Southern or some team, like that.

Back