Our AD

1652621651365.gif

Is a complete failure, his votes of confidence for CGC and CJP shows we need to find an AD who cares about winning
Almost everyone thought the hire was reasonable. I still like Collin‘s idea of promoting the 404. Stansbury‘s mistake was giving him such a long contract. he did not have to offer that. The guy was coaching at Temple for crying out loud. It’s not like he was on everybody’s wish list to be the next head coach.

The only other alternative was Whisenhunt. And he would’ve been a disaster also. And for crying out loud, don’t even bring up Monken. He would have continued the downward spiral Paul Johnson was in, but it would’ve been even worse.

Almost everyone thought the hire was reasonable. I still like Collin‘s idea of promoting the 404. Stansbury‘s mistake was giving him such a long contract. he did not have to offer that. The guy was coaching at Temple for crying out loud. It’s not like he was on everybody’s wish list to be the next head coach.

The only other alternative was Whisenhunt. And he would’ve been a disaster also. And for crying out loud, don’t even bring up Monken. He would have continued the downward spiral Paul Johnson was in, but it would’ve been even worse.
I am not sure Monken would have been a failure, we would have competed in the ACC and maybe an ACC Championship with Tobias Oliver as our QB.
I am also not so sure Ken Whisenhunt would have been this bad. I mean Coach Collins has done a worse job then Bill Lewis up to this point.

Last edited:
Just wait. The Minister of Mayhem is gonna make our AD look like a genius after this season.

Can you nickname yourself? Is that a thing? At Georgia tech, you can do that!

Yes, going to a bowl game in his final season was soooooo much worse than this:facepalm:

I am not sure Monken would have been a failure, we would have competed in the ACC and mybe an ACC Championship with Tobias Oliver as our QB.
I am also not so sure Ken Whisenhunt would have been this bad. I mean Coach Collins has done a worse job then Bill Lewis up to this point.
Do you think Monken is better coaches than Paul Johnson? It was obvious the triple option had served it’s purpose and come to a much needed grave. Monken might’ve done better than Collins, but so would Bill Lewis.

Do you think Monken is better coaches than Paul Johnson? It was obvious the triple option had served it’s purpose and come to a much needed grave. Monken might’ve done better than Collins, but so would Bill Lewis.
Yes I think Monken would have done a better job than CPJ. I think CPJ said he was ready to retire after 2016 but the AD TStan talked him into staying. I think after 40 years CPJ needed a break like he mentioned. However at his Point I hope the new asst coaches can help get us back to 6 wins this upcoming season. We have the talent, we just need to coach the boys up!

Last edited:
Heck yes Monken was better than Johnson at that point in time. Johnson lost the fire. I love the dude but he stopped recruiting and had no QB replacement for Thomas. Tobias was ok. I didn’t want Monken and was ready for a change but after 3 seasons of horrible football I’d take Monken in a heartbeat even if they outlawed the handoff. Unlike late career Johnson, Monken doesn’t have a closed mind.

Back