"Our offense ... ... Chop Blocks..."

GTD

Varsity Lurker
Everyones favorite reporter quotes our latest #1 as saying so anyway:
:pat:

Isaiah Johnson said:
“Georgia Tech is different,” he said. “Going against our offense, they throw a whole lot of chop blocks. Taking on the blocks has been a challenge for me, and trying to make a play off the blocks. At first I was running up wild, full speed. You have to learn how to slow it down, make sure I was doing my right assignment, not just running wild. It’s good to play fast, but it’s better to play fast and smart.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc

Quick, blame her for misquoting him... ;)

Nah, it's just a shot at Beamer.

Heather just forgot to put quotes around the word "chop". ;)

It's possible he said "chop" by mistake. To him they're just blocks that'll take you off your feet. He doesn't have to worry about whether they're "cut" or "chop". That's the offense's job.

What someone (anyone, our team or not) says we do, and what we actually do are not the same thing.

I am sure he meant cut. The haters will take it as proof, but until it is proven that we 'chop' intentionally, then let the haters hate. :)

It's possible he said "chop" by mistake. To him they're just blocks that'll take you off your feet. He doesn't have to worry about whether they're "cut" or "chop". That's the offense's job.

This is a freshman jock--not Albert f'ing Einstein.

Wasn't it St. Richt who kept referring to our offense as the "wishbone"? And if anyone (besides CPJ) would know what our offense is called, it must certainly be the guy who spends the week trying to prep his team for it. Am I right?

Again, just 'cause someone calls it something, doesn't make it so.

Wasn't it St. Richt who kept referring to our offense as the "wishbone"? And if anyone (besides CPJ) would know what our offense is called, it must certainly be the guy who spends the week trying to prep his team for it. Am I right?

Again, just 'cause someone calls it something, doesn't make it so.

Bowden did. I don't pay attention to what Richt says.

Back