Our PG

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by MACHETE, Feb 13, 2019.

1. MACHETE

MACHETE Damn Good Rat

Loc:
    Tijuana
    Team:
    Jackets
    2-10 tonight, 0-6 3pt, 1 assist.

Has one of our point guards in the modern era sucked as much? Wow, we need a college-caliber PG...

2. legallybuzzed

legallybuzzed Legalbuzz 2.0

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Well, he is in a shooting slump but he is also dealing with a groin issue and played way less than normal today. He is trying too hard and probably more banged up then we know. Devoe has been and will be running the offense for the foreseeable future. He is growing up and you can see why he was highly recruited. Getting some strength this off season will do wonders.

3. Salter21

Salter21 Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Cumming
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Alvarado is regressing. Lammers regressed his senior year too. Haywood has regressed or at least hasn't improved at all. What a sad state of affairs. Pastner is a fraud

• Big Cry Big Cry x 1
  4. southendzoneBEE

southendzoneBEE Gailey-Like

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Mfon Udofia and Mo Miller come to mind. Loved them as GT guys and weren't useless but gosh those were some rough teams.

5. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Kennesaw, GA
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    6 for his last 40 and 10 for his last 59. Ain't pretty. Unfortunately, he isn't much of a distributor either, so this slump is just killing us.

6. southendzoneBEE

southendzoneBEE Gailey-Like

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Could use Travis Jorgensen right about now.

7. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia School of Technology
    The distribution issue isn't his fault. It is caused by the slow tempo offense that Pastner is trying to run. But yeah the shooting slump is a head scratcher.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Champ

The Champ Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Acworth
    Team:
    GT
    Those guys were turrible. The reason Shumpert played out of position most of his career.

Crittenton was our last solid PG. The guys we have now are probably 2 & 3. Trae Golden 4

Alvarado is playing hurt; probably shouldnt be playing

9. brackam97

brackam97 Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atlanta
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Agreed he is in a slump but i’ll take Jose and his heart and effort all day. On a flawed team he is the least of our problems. I’ve worried he will transfer and then we will really understand the impact he has next year without him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 79tech

79tech Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    atlanta
    Team:
    ga tech
    I like the kid - but right now I would sit him down. He has no confidence in his shot. He is even hesitating on open jumpers available at the foul line. Devoe would be at point and Sojie would be getting time just for his shot despite his ball handling and defensive shortcomings. The H guy needs to sit as well but he still at least some confidence in his shot - Jose's confidence is "shot" right now and it might help him to sit. Let him come of the bench and play 15-18 minutes a game. His shot may reappear.

• Like Like x 1
  11. midatlantech

midatlantech Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Baltimore, MD
    I can assure you that this is total BS. Laments regressed because the coach thought we had the best chance to succeed by playing Gaeye at the post. So he asked Lammers to play more outside. It just didn’t work but watching Gaeye I can see why we tried.
    Jose is hurt. Prior to that he was a fairly high quality player in the ACC.

Our defense is much better with Haywood but he has lost his technique shooting the ball. It happens but his career is not over.

12. Jacketeer

Jacketeer Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Queens, NY
    Team:
    The Orange Men
    Devoe and Alvarado ahead of Golden?? Golden was way better than both, although I think Devoe may be better by the time his college career is over.

13. atlanta jacket

atlanta jacket Dodd-Like

Loc:
    atlanta ga
    Team:
    georgia tech
    I just dont think it is okay to criticize a student athlete who chose to come to Ga Tech, this is not the pros, we offered him a scholarship.

14. ElCidBUZZingFAN

ElCidBUZZingFAN Dodd-Like

Loc:
    My house
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    No. Not even close. That's a laughably idiotic thing to say.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GTCrew

GTCrew Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Forsyth Co.
    Team:
    gt
    Some of yall have turned from self-important sourpusses into straight up assholes.

16. The Champ

The Champ Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Acworth
    Team:
    GT
    Their numbers are pretty comparable, and I’m probably valuing what will be 4 years over 1.

Golden also had the luxury of playing on a well rounded team full of upper classmen. Current guys have been thrust into leadership roles as underclassmen.

Trae was a good player, I loved his aggressiveness. Wish he had guys like him and Adam smith for 4 years

17. BOS

BOS Flats Noob

Loc:
    atlanta
    Team:
    GT
    I'm a big fan of Alvarado, just by the way he plays. Slump or not, he's going to give it him all. Unfortunately, he's being asked to do more than he can offensively. I'd like to see him drive more and finish at the rim rather than settle for shots.

As mentioned by others, I'm more concerned about the lack of development on the team as a whole. From the group of freshmen last year, you'd think one or two of them would have a jump this year, but it just hasn't happened. I'm all for the get old strategy, but what's the use if the players don't get better? Maybe it will take another season. I was at least hoping Cole and Wright would add some weight and post skills, but it just didn't happen.

18. Yukonwreck

Yukonwreck Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Tampa, Florida
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Or Travis Best.

19. midatlantech

midatlantech Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Baltimore, MD
    Well he was averaging ten a game and were winning and now he can’t jump and is averaging zilch and we are losing.

20. midatlantech

midatlantech Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Baltimore, MD
    He is hurt and can not explode up any more.