Our players didn't quit, but a lot of our fans did!

JollyGoodFellow90GT#1

Varsity Lurker
While several of our fans, on this message board, were running down our players those young men were still FIGHTING! I don't care for this coaching staff, but we have some good players who play with a lot of heart.

I never like fans who run down there own players. You can criticize your team's play without singling out players and calling them out by name. The coaches get paid a fortune to coach a sport. I don't mind calling them out, by name, anytime it's warranted (i.e. Thacker's lousy defense).

I'm proud of OUR team not quitting! Tonight, Tech almost made several on here eat there words. The Jackets may not win another game this season, but our players deserve our support. I hope they can win some more games in spite of the coaches.

GO JACKETS!

To be fair, most of the players not quitting weren't the players names getting called out.
Also I find the idea slightly odd of being forbidden to call out players but fine to call out the people who gave them a scholarship, chose them to play, may be people they look up to. It's a shared relationship, calling the coaches a bunch of clowns doesn't really spare the players as I see it.
I'm not entirely against it cause the salary part is a fair point.

I agree but this song and dance is getting old. Clearly we have a level of playing that allows for coming back and fighting. Why don’t we see it 100% of the time? Most likely the opponent is relaxing, but credit the players for fighting.

While several of our fans, on this message board, were running down our players those young men were still FIGHTING! I don't care for this coaching staff, but we have some good players who play with a lot of heart.

I never like fans who run down there own players. You can criticize your team's play without singling out players and calling them out by name. The coaches get paid a fortune to coach a sport. I don't mind calling them out, by name, anytime it's warranted (i.e. Thacker's lousy defense).

I'm proud of OUR team not quitting! Tonight, Tech almost made several on here eat there words. The Jackets may not win another game this season, but our players deserve our support. I hope they can win some more games in spite of the coaches.

GO JACKETS!
New Era -- Name-Image-Likeness!

Once they have the ability to use their public name for Money, we should within reason be able to associate their monetized name with any errors they make on the Field.

You wanna enjoy the cash associated with fame, then when you screw up you can also experience the accountability associated with fame.

Seems fair to me!

After this tough loss, I know Jeff Sims will get right back to work tomorrow so he's ready for his Mercedes Benz event
27/44 300 3 1

He did his part to win. Defense couldn't stop UVA and the refs assisted. Have you thought about becoming a Kennesaw State fan? They run the offense you seek.

27/44 300 3 1

He did his part to win. Defense couldn't stop UVA and the refs assisted. Have you thought about becoming a Kennesaw State fan? They run the offense you seek.
With a least 2 drops maybe 3, 1 of those drops is a sure TD instead of a FG attempt, or did we go on to score there?

I'm sick and tired of people saying "the players didn't quit." It's hardly ever a meaningful sentiment and often times inaccurate. I've watched for years and cannot come to the conclusion that some of our defensive players give 100% effort on every play. I also think it's absurd to not call out guys who've played out of position for 3 or 4 years. We saw it with our LB play improving after Curry left, though today was a pretty big stinker. I can only hope we see improvement in the defensive backfield eventually. We don't cover space well and our zone coverage is atrocious. Our DL is bottom half of the ACC which is an improvement over dead last. Our LB play has improved to middle of the ACC. Our pass coverage leaves a lot to be desired.

27/44 300 3 1

He did play well. But he threw two bad picks, one of which got wiped out on a roughing the passer call.

Is there a time — since BL — when our players have quit?
I can think of one game in the PJ era when our guys really didn't put up a fight. There were times we got beat but kept playing hard to the end. You can also play hard but not play well.

Back