Pac 12 ded.

Of all the conferences to risk opting out while the others play. If the other 4 play football this fall the P12 ceases to be a power conference. They were already falling behind. And now you would add massive revenue losses relative to the rest of the P5 and open season on both their 2021 classes and current rosters.

They’d have a hard time fielding competitive rosters for several years and would have program upgrades put on hold while they make up the $ shortfall. I could see the AAC passing them in terms of relevancy.

Imagine being UCLA right now. They just got dumped by UA a few months ago and now this.

I will miss that 10:30 kickoff between UCLA and Arizona badly this year.
L4EIaie.gif

Of all the conferences to risk opting out while the others play. If the other 4 play football this fall the P12 ceases to be a power conference. They were already falling behind. And now you would add massive revenue losses relative to the rest of the P5 and open season on both their 2021 classes and current rosters.

They’d have a hard time fielding competitive rosters for several years and would have program upgrades put on hold while they make up the $ shortfall. I could see the AAC passing them in terms of relevancy.

Imagine being UCLA right now. They just got dumped by UA a few months ago and now this.
The Big 10 already opted out. If the PAC 12 cancels, that only leaves ACC, SEC, and Big 12

Edit: PAC 12 has already opted out, so take away the if in my post.

The Big 10 already opted out. If the PAC 12 cancels, that only leaves ACC, SEC, and Big 12

Big 10 has definitely not opted out (yet). They reportedly had a vote and it leaked that they were planning to announce opting out today, but after learning that everybody else wasn’t going to follow suit (as they had expected) they’ve walked everything back. Don’t think they want to risk sitting while everybody else plays.

Big 10 has definitely not opted out (yet). They reportedly had a vote and it leaked that they were planning to announce opting out today, but after learning that everybody else wasn’t going to follow suit (as they had expected) they’ve walked everything back. Don’t think they want to risk sitting while everybody else plays.
So, what, are they now gonna opt out a 3rd time later?

So, what, are they now gonna opt out a 3rd time later?

My deepest apologies, I missed that the the B1G actually went through with it 30 minutes prior. Hard to believe they powered through the public backlash/ridicule when all they had to do was kick the can down the road another few weeks.

Just solidified themselves as the worst P5 conference. Not that it was ever in doubt.

Back