Parade of Ineptitude

TechSBP

Dodd-Like
BC and GT were hosed in this bowl selection process. I think the blame lies several places. I'll start at the top, y'all can add to it.

#1: The ACC commissioners office for failing to secure attractive east coast bowl tie ins for a highly competitive BCS conference. Outside of the Peach bowl, each bowl consistently underperforms. The gator payout is far lower than it should be b/c of pitiful managment. Beyond that, the next best is the Champ Sports---who has a 7-5 team in it?
Next we get to the Tire Bowl (formerly the Charlotte bowl, no?). you wouldn't have a problem selling seats forcing you to take a tobacco stain school every year if you could get an attractive tie in. No one wants to play the big least. The Music City bowl is a good ad in. But instead we send UVA who is 6-5 and bowl eligible thanks to Temple, W. Michigan, and a schedule Agnes Scott would blow through like PJ Daniels through a tired NC ST defense at the end fo the game. Next, we don't do anything to go after the Liberty Bowl for an ACC school. Memphis is a great city. Then we tie into SF? Nice city, but not one I would ever visit for a FOOTBALL game. I actually think Boise is a decent place for a 6-5 team--good for the players and usually an interesting match up. Flame me if you want, but overall the ACC front office should be ashamed. After all---they shot down the idea of a bowl in SC against the SEC.

2) GT. In bowl negotiations the bowls want to sell tickets. If they are torn btw two schools, they start asking schools to guarantee ticket sales. I have a hard time believing UVA can guarantee more than us at this point in time.

3) The ACC. Again. BC and GT hosed. Two top 25 teams. All b/c you take care of UVA and NCST over two top 25 teams. BS. BS. BS. BS.

Sorry for the rant, but as a young alumni who has continually supported the AA, solicited other young alums to donate, this really really peeves me.

This is a crock.

I agree 100%. Not fair at all...From Peach Bowl to FudgePacker Bowl over night. It's a shame.

I was just talking about going to Nashville for the game with some friends. Now we have to travel 2,000 miles after beating TWO (2) top ten teams and our reward is a BS Bowl in the Funny City (Funny, Queer not ha-ha).

If we were 6-5 maybe but d#mm%t we are 7-4!! WTF? I am pissed off, let me guess good ole Brainless is behind this. Gee, a bowl game in front of 10,000 people, ohhh, ahh I am pumped up.

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

To be honest, I could swallow this better if BC got the Music City bid at 8-3, but UVA? Insane.

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone going to do anything about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like what? No sarcasm here I just have no idea what "anything" might be? Decline the invitation? Complain to the ACC head office that our bowl tie-ins suck? What?

There are a few things to note:

1) I'm quite certain the players are going to love going to San Francisco. People can complain about it all they want and make stupid jokes about the city but it is a great city to visit

2) I know the bowl game is supposed to be more of a reward for the players and the coaches but it is supposed to be something the fans can support and go to to show their support of the team and San Francisco is a freaking LONG way from Atlanta which makes it almost IMPOSSIBLE for the fans to support the team the way they want to (and God help the AA if they or anyone else uses a lack of bowl attendance in the four western bowls we've been to as proof we don't travel)

3) As much as I'm happy for the players that they get to go to a great city for a vacation/work this really SUCKS!!!! We got screwed!!!

The problem is that Clough and Braine will see this as a wonderful experience for Tech players and fans.

If anyone official complains, I will be shocked beyond words.

I Think It Will Count ....

toward their Cross-Cultural Studies elective.

Back