Pastner needs to follow Johnson

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Jacketblind, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Vespidie

Vespidie Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    North of the gnat line
    Team:
    University of Georgia Technology Institution
    Points taken, but IIRC the program was in dire straights at the end of the Hewitt debacle. Fan interest was tepid at best, recruiting was less than stellar, and the outgoing coach was sitting on a payday that directly effected everything related to the program that we're still trying to recover from the a$$ screwing that the brainless one signed off on and Hewitt accepted as he gave the unequivocal middle finger to GT.

GT didn't have the resources, a real home court, and did not want to spend anything more that would have put the program further into the red. Options were limited and Gregory was available. As you stated, he didn't put us on probation nor did he leave the cupboard completely empty when he was replaced. He did the best job he possibly could with the resources he had to work with. He eventually increased interest in GT basketball again with an NIT bid and couple of wins to boot, but he was in over his head without being able to recruit in the best college basketball conference in the country.

I hope to heck that CJP is able to bring the thriller back to McCamish like it used to be in the hey day of GT basketball.

2. BuzzLaw

BuzzLaw where have all the average people gone Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    The Kingfisher
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Oh yeah, dust off your jam box. Thriller is coming baby!!!!! Jackets gonna tear the roof off!!!

3. georgia_tech_swagger

georgia_tech_swagger Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Upstate, SC
    Team:
    GT, USCU
    Count me in on the "no extensions, ride out that contract until it cost nothing to fire him" bandwagon. Better than Gregory, but not good enough.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Alpharetta
    Team:
    Tech
    Unfortunately things aren’t going to get better unless he can land a couple of these higher end recruits. We are not a good program right now. We’re coming up on a freakin’ decade without an NCAA appearance.

5. JoeCakeEater

JoeCakeEater Dodd-Like

Loc:
    The South
    Team:
    The Institute
    We were picked to not win a single ACC game in his first season. We finished 2nd in the NIT. He deserves more time. If he is gone before 5 years I will be disappointed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. gtfan088

gtfan088 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    He needs to recruit better to earn a 5th year. We're missing on all of our top targets right now.

7. eg1

eg1 Dodd-Like

Loc:
    Ontario
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    I'll have what you're having ... :drink1:

8. VolJacket

VolJacket Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Tennessee
    Team:
    Georgia Tech-Tennessee
    Coach Pastner should be given more time to try to turn things around. I think he's done a good job with the talent he has to work with.

9. The Gus

The Gus Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Maybe Collins can recruit some basketball players as well. Pastner needs the help!

• Like Like x 1