Pat Sullivan Dies At 69....

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
Time flies....I remember as a 13 & 14 year old boy in 70 & 71 how we just could not stop him and Beasley. There was another very good receiver named Smoltz. We were independent then and played Auburn, Tennessee, UGA, Tulane, Clemson, and Duke every year. We also played Navy and S. Carolina a lot. I always expected us to return to winning like the Dodd years....ah the optimism of youth.

all4tech

Damn Good Rat
Was at BD and he beat us with some remarkable passes

texstinger

Dodd-Like
R.I.P.

Kind of hard to believe. He was a classy guy.

Believe the other receiver was Dickie Schmalz.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
I remember growing up in Newnan, which has a large group of Auburn fans. Sullivan-to-Beasley was as famous as any sports combination in history then.

RIP.

DeepSnap

Flats Noob
A very classy guy.... a lot of people forget what a good runner he was, too.

From a couple of my old HS teammates who played 4 years with Pat at Auburn, he was a good teammate, friend & person.

And I was 0-3 for the Turkey Buzzards while #7 was slinging it.

A quick story: We're playing in Auburn in '70, the first GT-AU game in Alabama not played at Birmingham's Legion Field in forever. Rick Lewis - as good as Rick was, he didn't have Jeff Ford's footspeed - gets matched up in Man with Beasley. Rick thought he had Beasley covered on a long fly pattern, but Beasley had another gear. Rick thought - "Hmmm, Pat can't throw it THIS far" - then he does. Touchdown Auburn. Sometimes all you can do is watch & appreciate. Yep, they were THAT good.

RIP, #7. And say hi to #88.

WREKedinTexas

Kick the tires and light the fires!
Few will remember that he started the rebuild at TCU.

WREKedinTexas

Kick the tires and light the fires!
Pat Sullivan, former TCU football coach who recruited LaDainian Tomlinson, dies at 69

georgytech

Varsity Lurker
That pass he threw while falling on his back against UGA in '71 will never be forgotten. I was at the Tech -Auburn game the year he won the Heisman I think sitting in the East stands next to an elderly Auburn couple drinking my whiskey clear & on PS's first pass we intercepted & I elbowed her in the ribs yelling Pat Who, my goodness I was obnoxious. He was a good one & the Eastern press hated him for beating out Ed Marinaro. Great player.