Paul Johnson to Ravens mini-camp

johncu

Dodd-Like
I may actually watch some Ravens games this year. Jackson is fun to watch already, but if they run some legit option they could be really interesting.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Glad to see PJ staying involved in football, and I think it's a smart move on the Ravens' part. That said, I think Jackson is going to have a really short shelf-life as an NFL QB. I'd be very surprised if he ends his career with 100+ starts.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
Glad to see PJ staying involved in football, and I think it's a smart move on the Ravens' part. That said, I think Jackson is going to have a really short shelf-life as an NFL QB. I'd be very surprised if he ends his career with 100+ starts.
They could sign JT as a backup for a sack of footballs. What's JT's shelf life in an NFL game? About 30 minutes?

swampsting

Dodd-Like
Just watch all of pro and college football change over to the triple and CGC offense is deemed a "high school" offense
more high schools are running the shotgun spread/no huddle than are running any kind of option attack right now, and have been for a while, at least the ones I've seen.

swampsting

Dodd-Like
One day in his office, 20 years ago, Paul told me he thought his offense could work in the NFL. I said, "you're f----- nuts." He said, nope, it can.
Maybe we'll get to see if he was right. ...

texstinger

Dodd-Like
One day in his office, 20 years ago, Paul told me he thought his offense could work in the NFL. I said, "you're f----- nuts." He said, nope, it can.
I could play in the NFL - until the whistle blows to start the game.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Doubt we'll see anything that closely resembles the flexbone. I could see Paul being helpful in terms of technique and incorporating more misdirection, pre-snap motion, etc. He's a great offensive mind, and given Jackson's particular skill set, it's worth picking his brain over how he would attack particular defenses.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
The Ravens are not running the TO; however I am sure that PJ could offer some thoughts about decisions keying off a safety, DE or Lb.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
The Ravens are not running the TO; however I am sure that PJ could offer some thoughts about decisions keying off a safety, DE or Lb.
What? Who would need Paul Johnson for that? There is one reason to bring PJ in....to consult about installing the veer play. Doesn't mean they will do it.