per AJC: significant announcement for GT football

The Jacket

The Coat
I can't believe that no one around here would know nothing about something major.
This is what trips me out. Surely we should have heard something, anything hinting about a major problem BEFORE that day of the announcement.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
i doubt it'll be anything huge. i think AJC's milking the crap out of something minor because it's the offseason and there's nothing else to get people to read the ajc today.

is there any other source to this or just ajc?

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
i doubt it'll be anything huge. i think AJC's milking the crap out of something minor because it's the offseason and there's nothing else to get people to read the ajc today.

is there any other source to this or just ajc?
I keep checking ESPN and SI ... nothing yet.

The Jacket

The Coat
Re: Official GT Under Investigation Thread

Definitely need this "official" thread. I don't know how we were all discussing this in the other thread when it wasn't officially endorsed by...who?
Oddly enough, I kind of agree. I'm not trying to be a dick, 77, but the creation of this thread will just dilute the other thread as more people show up and snuff out the conversation about this announcement before it even had a chance to get started.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
just look at how they already got the mutts salivating over there in their comments section.

major violations at u(sic)ga will be told as st. richt butt-dialing, but something minor at tech will be presented as NCAA WILL SLAM THE HAMMER ON TECH

The Jacket

The Coat
Let's all speculate wildly on what it could be!
You really ought to chillax, strawberry brortcake. That's what these forums are for - discussion, speculation, suspected exploitation of minors, debate, etc.

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
It's nothing.

This is nothing more than a case of the AJC making a headline out of GT's "secondary violation" but when UGA reports one they put a tiny link of it at the bottom of the sports page.

Just more AJC bias is all.

The Jacket

The Coat
just look at how they already got the mutts salivating over there in their comments section.

major violations at u(sic)ga will be told as st. richt butt-dialing, but something minor at tech will be presented as NCAA WILL SLAM THE HAMMER ON TECH
If I recall correctly, the AJC nearly öööö themselves in their coverage of our punishment in 2005. They gave more attention to our ordeal with the NCAA than they did the upcoming game against a top five Miami squad.

Vad Lee Wins

Varsity Lurker
Let's all speculate wildly on what it could be!
They probably found out that George P Burdell was receiving a scholly :facepalm:

or perhaps the team knew we'd have to vacate all wins from last year, so they stopped trying :dunno: this would explain last year lol

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest

Oddly enough, I kind of agree. I'm not trying to be a dick, 77, but the creation of this thread will just dilute the other thread as more people show up and snuff out the conversation about this announcement before it even had a chance to get started.
:ohnoes: I've sullied the integrity of stingtalk

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
You really ought to chillax, strawberry brortcake. That's what these forums are for - discussion, speculation, suspected exploitation of minors, debate, etc.
But apparently, only in one thread. :hsughcool:

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner

:ohnoes: I've sullied the integrity of stingtalk
You're going to give StingTalk a reputation for having a bunch of threads that just have BS in them. When people find out that not all of our threads are bastions of golden information on our football program, they will be leaving for The Hive in droves.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
I was really worried we were going to be taking our talents to South Beach...