per AJC: significant announcement for GT football

wow just read President Peterson's letter to the NCAA...mind numbingly stupid organization in desperate need of a guinea pig.

I mean in all honesty who goes to work for the NCAA?

Wow.

You're right, that's a pretty great letter. It states clearly that not only did GT come to the conclusion that the players were eligible, but the ACC vetted that conclusion and came to the same conclusion, based on the same information available to the NCAA.

I'm so glad that demjackets highly recommended we watch it.

Every post you have has to mention me, I find that a little odd. It was good for everyone to see, you could clearly tell that Dan and Bud were frustrated, NO ONE thought we would get hit this hard two weeks ago.

The second we got the sanctions we put the team together for the appeal process, it hasn't been filed yet but the wheels are already turning.

We will appeal, get the vacated championship back because the case against eligibility for bebe is weak at best, and get the full 4 years probation for the appearance of impeding the investigation.

I thought it was customary and actually required to do an internal investigation when presented with a letter of inquiry on infraction from the douche bags at NCAA. How exactly are you supposed to do a proper investigation if you can't even question the accused?

Every post you have has to mention me, I find that a little odd. It was good for everyone to see, you could clearly tell that Dan and Bud were frustrated, NO ONE thought we would get hit this hard two weeks ago.

The second we got the sanctions we put the team together for the appeal process, it hasn't been filed yet but the wheels are already turning.

I hope that if we do appeal and have any success with that approach that we will see 680 spend half as much time covering that as they have spent focusing on the GT scandal today.

We will appeal, get the vacated championship back because the case against eligibility for bebe is weak at best, and get the full 4 years probation for the appearance of impeding the investigation.

I thought that game was close enough. Two years later we're not even sure whether we will win. Apparently our legal defense can't stop the NCAA's offense.

I thought it was customary and actually required to do an internal investigation when presented with a letter of inquiry on infraction from the douche bags at NCAA. How exactly are you supposed to do a proper investigation if you can't even question the accused?

I must have missed something. How was our internal investigation not allowed to question the accused?

Dave Braine learned his lesson.

D-Rad learned his lesson.

Who's gonna learn next?

Sure is a lot of learning going on around here but hey...we're Georgia Tech.

Dave Braine learned his lesson.

D-Rad learned his lesson.

Who's gonna learn next?

Sure is a lot of learning going on around here but hey...we're Georgia Tech.

I know one person who didn't. Paul Hewitt

Thanks for the update, Giff. :wink: BTW, do you think the Bills can best everyone's expectations and win 3 games this year?

1.) Why is that legitimate? Do you not appeal a conviction in court because you're afraid the judicial system will hold a grudge? The NCAA is a collection of a bunch of individuals. I doubt that Tech appealing the findings of around 10 people will make us a target,
3.) I have. But the budget isn't all the firepower we have to fight this. Hell I'll throw the AA some money to fight it. We have had donors step up and pay to fire Gailey, build a new arena, and an indoor practice facility. All which cost multiple times what this legal defense would. This is not a good point

First off, fwiw, I'm with you. I'm pro-appeal and I think we will do it. I'm just arguing considerations.

There is a difference in appealing to the NCAA and against the legal system. NCAA would be more like arguing with your boss when you're employed 'at will.' The NCAA has more freedom and power to ruin GT by adjustments to by laws and focus to save face vs. the right citizens are provided in court.

This is what I think too. Unless Bebe was ruled to be ineligible, then the game stands. We'll keep the 4 years probation.

1.) Why is that legitimate? Do you not appeal a conviction in court because you're afraid the judicial system will hold a grudge? The NCAA is a collection of a bunch of individuals. I doubt that Tech appealing the findings of around 10 people will make us a target

Please stop comparing the NCAA with the judicial system. It is not the same. You're assuming NCAA is at least trying to be fair and just. It is not. They can pull out any one of their bylaws and interpret it anyway they see fit to cover their own asses.

Haven't checked in here in awhile. So, anything interesting going on in the world of Georgia Tech football these days?

I blame the NCAA investigation for distracting BayBay's hands at the end of the '09 UGA game.

DIAF list:
Dinich
Dodd
Doyel
D*D*

By the way, not sure if anyone else is following but NCAA is being sued for "gross negligence" for ruling using inaccurate information by a former UNC player Michael Mcadoo who got declared permanently ineligible for academic fraud.

It's a little complicated because he has admitted that he plagiarized on one paper and also was accused of academic fraud in two other instances. So UNC self-reported the three instances and the NCAA declared him permanently ineligible. However, the UNC honor court eventually found insufficient evidence and cleared him for the other two instances. So Mcadoo tried to appeal given the new information but NCAA denied his appeal and all correspondences went unanswered. So Mcadoo lawyered up and sued them.

Yesterday was Mcadoo's injunction hearing to allow NCAA/UNC to play for the 2011 season but the judge denied it because the judge did not see that Mcadoo will suffer "irreparable loss" because he wouldn't be allowed to play football.

Um... yea. So I've read through page 12 of the GT's response to allegations and there are some inconsistencies in Demaryius and Morgon's interview.

• DT initially stated Herbert Hilliard ("Hype") gave him the clothes, later he says Earl Thomas (cousin) gave him the clothes
  • DT initially stated that MB received clothing, later he said MB did not
  • DT says that when he got the clothes, there were three others at his cousin's house excluding DT and MB; Earl Thomas, Herbert Hilliard, and Booker
  • MB says there were two; only Earl and Herbert
  • Earl Thomas says he has not given DT clothes but they borrow clothes from each other
  • DT says he does not know why he was given the clothes other than his cousin saying it was an "early Christmas present"

Back