per AJC: significant announcement for GT football

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
Agents need to be OUT of College Football. I wonder if this has anything to do with why CPJ closed practices.

TheTaxJacket

Dodd-Like
So, let me get this straight.

The NCAA seems to be looking at all championship teams between 2008 and 2010 season because they must have been cheating.

Well boys, looks like bad news for us because UGA sure won't be looked into!!!! LOL.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
So, let me get this straight.

The NCAA seems to be looking at all championship teams between 2008 and 2010 season because they must have been cheating.

Well boys, looks like bad news for us because UGA sure won't be looked into!!!! LOL.
LOLCOPTERz0r

beej67

new around here
Per the Hive Insider .... I can, however, confirm that this press conference is in regards to agent activity during the 2009 season.
If true we're ööööed, because that was during probation.

GoJackets89

Helluva Engineer
Could this be an announcement that we are officially in the clear in regards to our last disciplinary action (wishing in one hand here)?
I sure hope so. If we are cheating like most of us think other schools do, we sure don't do a good job at it.

hdtvfan

Dodd-Like
Per the Hive Insider .... I can, however, confirm that this press conference is in regards to agent activity during the 2009 season.
Well, if it involves a player/agent situation, how would that type of thing be handled in light of the fact that the coaching staff might not be aware of something like this?

I guess it depends on whether or not there is any knowledge by the staff and if so, if they self-reported. But we have not seen anything about self-reporting so I would guess that the staff did not know or (even worse) knew and did not report what they knew. That could be ugly, isn't that effectively what got USC in trouble with Bush?

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
agent contact...

It could be worse. That has a lot more to do with individual players going rogue than it does with the program.

But I guess the problem is if we were using ineligible players (even unbeknownst to us?) do we vacate wins and our championship?

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Hopefully, the agent-player interaction took place after the ACC Championship game, so we'll have to vacate or Orange Bowl vacation.

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
agent contact...

It could be worse. That has a lot more to do with individual players going rogue than it does with the program.

But I guess the problem is if we were using ineligible players (even unbeknownst to us?) do we vacate wins and our championship?
Apparently the coach is responsible for knowing what's going on in his own house. Logically, it makes sense that this shouldn't be an indictment of the program, but the NCAA knows nothing of logic when it comes to this öööö.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
By the way, on the bright side at least we don't have any first round talent anymore. Don't have to worry about agents giving any of our current players anything.

The Jacket

The Coat
I know this is dumb, but it scares the bejesus out of me. Is there even a small chance that whatever violations we've been accused of committing would result in CPJ resigning from his position?