Percentage of Passing Plays for Citadel game

Percentage of passing plays

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Ok, StinGTalk collective, Citadel is up next and presents an opportunity to get some kinks worked out of our offense.

So, do we go for the easy money and run, run, run or do we prove to the world that we can actually put a passing game plan together and execute it.

We all know what the problems are - bring them up again if you must. But what I want to know is what kind of game do you think Patenaude is going to call and, if not a random guess, why you think so.

Poll closes at noon on Saturday.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
Probably 40-50% passing if we are able to get some comfort about the result by the end of the first half. If the game gets competitive then I'm sure we'll default to whatever looks likely to move the ball, which to this point has not been slinging it around.

User 8976

User account deleted
RECRUITS DO NOT WANT TO RUN THE BALL WITH THREE POINTS OF CONTACT BECAUSE THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE TRIPLE OPTION. DAMMIT WE NEED 15 YEAR OLD BOOGER EATING TIMMY ON THE 10TH GRADE O-LINE IN VALDOSTA TO SAY HE WANTS TO PLAY HERE BECAUSE WE THROW IT JUST LIKE MADDEN 2020 NOT MADDEN 2019 WITH ANTONIO 'RAPIST LIKE KRAZIE JACKET' BROWN

User 10337

I will not be judging the offense nor the OC by the percentage of pass plays. There's just not enough information from an outside perspective to do that.

cincyjacket

Dodd-Like
I think we will intend to pass it 33% of the time.

However, on a lot of those attempts, the QB will scramble when protection breaks down.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
One way to gain confidence on our ability to execute the passing portion of our offense... that of course would be to pass the damn ball well in games. Need to do it often in this one. I expect a full-on air raid.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Just in case you guys are sleeping on the job - I looked up the national leader in passing yards per game.

TEMPLE

Last edited:

jacket67

Dodd-Like
Just in case you guys are sleeping on the job - I looked up the national leader in passing yards per game.

TEMPLE
Is that based on their one and only game against Bucknell?

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
If we get up early and significantly, we will need to work on the passing game. Counterintuitive to the norm, for this game, the larger the lead, the more we will throw.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Ok, so most everybody thinks we throw between 30 to 40 percent of the time today. We are already at 40% so the majority predict more of the same today.

One interesting tidbit - we have 4 TDs so far. Three of them are through the air.

rfjeff9

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
60%. This is our chance to get some pass practice. Nothing better for a QB, whichever it will be, to gain some confidence delivering the ball. I would use this game to maximum advantage in this regard.