Perspective on Reseating

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Many are upset/concerned about getting the shaft during this process. Count on it. Many will get shafted due to the money grab-East Stands Plan which will relocate 1000's of loyal Tech Season Ticket holders.
But remember, there will still be 1000's and 1000's of empty seats when this process concludes. Tech folks can get as many seats as they want. Alumni at many schools can't get tickets at their school because all season tickets are sold and they didn't make the cut. Sanford Stadium is twice as big as Grant Field and the UGA ticket office will be returning checks to unhappy, contributing alumni.
If given the choice, I would rather be stuck in the North upper deck(thankful of the ability to obtain precious Tech tickets) than be concerned about whether I'll be sitting on the 45 or the 25, with 15,000 visitor fans singing their damned fight song.
If only Arthur Blank worked for us.
BOO

Question??

What if a per seat fee(donation) were required to purchase season tickets? All the premium seating has done has given us a foothold into the SEC's method of ticket allocation. I know UF and UK are requiring some level of donation to buy seats.

Re:Blank....weren't only upper level seats in the Dome reduced to $100 dollars? I remember someone saying why not try it for a year in the paper.
That gives me the notion that the Falcons aren't trying to attract the well-heeled consumer with that ploy.

Currently the falcons have a better product with a guarantee of getting to see at least 7 good teams in the Dome via the NFL's scheduling.

Tech would have to schedule itself out of winning to create a similar fervor.

My Arthur Blank comment was not my main point, just a reminder that there are people out there who can sell ice to eskimoes. He's a go-getter, and Tech needs men and women like him at the AA. We already have plenty of guys plotting to make a buck at the expense of loyal alumni.
BOO

Back