PETA wants live animals banned from games after Bevo/uga situation...

I’m surprised PETA isn’t already attacking uGA over inbreeding. If I’m ever governor for a day, I’d throw everyone involved with that mascot in jail.

Uga really is animal abuse. Probably the only thing I agree with PETA on.

Thing is PETA is against stuffing chick fil a Samiches in your pants as well.

I'm surprised it took this long. I figured some uga cucks were gonna petition for Bevo to be banned for almost killing uga x. öööö em.

PETA might also look into banning people from dressing up like dogs and barking at games. I know that, when my dogs have seen this on TV, it has really hurt their feelings, and they're just not themselves for weeks. Cruelty to animals is unacceptable, and emotional cruelty to animals is unacceptable, too. Just say no to letting dogs be forced to sit in a little cage in extreme weather scared to death by 90,000 lunatics barking at them. And just say no to other dogs having to watch this on TV. If we had a caged yellow jacket named "Sting 'Um XXLCVIII" being buzzed at by 55,000 people dressed up like yellow jackets, I'd feel the same way.

Uga really is animal abuse. Probably the only thing I agree with PETA on.

This.

But Bevo is the most pampered bovine in the world. The Hindus don't even treat cows as sacred as UT treats Bevo.

What specifically is their animal abuse? He looks pretty pampered to me.

Don't they purposely breed the uga line in a way that causes health problems to achieve the look they want? For example, they can't deliver uga babies naturally, only via c-section; they often have a lot of respiratory problems; many of them die prematurely; etc.

EDIT: In fact, PETA even wrote an article about an uga death.

It’s no coincidence that Uga VII died of a heart ailment similar to the one that killed Uga VI. Puppy peddlers rely on inbreeding to preserve bloodlines, which creates genetic defects and makes dogs susceptible to congenital illnesses. After years of genetic manipulation, countless bulldogs suffer from constant skin and eye infections, hip dysplasia, and weak respiratory systems—which are worsened by the kind of poor ventilation and hot, humid weather that Uga VII was exposed to as a constantly traveling mascot. Bulldogs also can’t give birth naturally because of their large heads and small hips, so breeders artificially inseminate the females then cut them open year after year for c-sections.

https://www.peta.org/blog/honoring-uga-viis-legacy/

Don't they purposely breed the uga line in a way that causes health problems to achieve the look they want? For example, they can't deliver uga babies naturally, only via c-section; they often have a lot of respiratory problems; many of them die prematurely; etc.

EDIT: In fact, PETA even wrote an article about an uga death.

https://www.peta.org/blog/honoring-uga-viis-legacy/

It’s not uncommon for the breed.

https://retrieverman.net/2012/04/26/english-bulldogs-have-been-screwed-for-a-long-time/

He doesn’t mention “water puppies,” which are at epidemic levels in the breed, or the fact that virtually all bitches require a Cesarean section to produce puppies. This procedure was not commonly performed on dogs in those days, so there may have been that control to prevent the most extreme exaggerations in the breed. Lee’s description of the problems of bulldog bitches sounds more like the result of an inbreeding depression that set in among the bulldogs.

Of course, now we have all these scientific methods for producing puppies. If bitches won’t mate, you can always do AI. In fact, almost all bulldogs must be produce through AI or through very carefully assisted matings. Cesareans mean that there is almost no limit on how big the head can get or how narrow the pelvis can become.

The bulldog wouldn’t exist without modern veterinary medicine to keep it reproducing.

Back