Photo from Tech vs. Notre Dame

JollyGoodFellow90GT#1

Varsity Lurker
tECH VS nd.jpg

GO JACKETS!

Like the Jacket’s uniform. Much prefer black numbers over gold.
Especially since you can read them from the upper deck. We had some jerseys one game, years ago, where I couldn't see the numbers for öööö

I was there. Great day. Charlie Weis looks like he swallowed a set of Goodyear tires.
I read an article just this week from the Notre Dame side that said that was the game that truly exposed Weis for the fraud he was. Fully his team, his recruits. His "decided strategic advantage" (his words when he was hired) of his coaching was fully on display.

Especially since you can read them from the upper deck. We had some jerseys one game, years ago, where I couldn't see the numbers for öööö
That's the point!

During the OLeary days he purposefully wanted the numbers more difficult to read with color and font, bc that hurts the opponents ability to scheme certain 1-on-1 matchups.
That's even more important in the modern era of substitution mgt

The games, as much as you might want them to be, are not about your entertainment for most coaches- they are driven by winning. If you want an entertainment coach, we can go back the Clown & his Ranglin' Bros Circus, or a Dieon SonsRap over School Fight Song

I was there. Great day. Charlie Weis looks like he swallowed a set of Goodyear tires.
And that was after he started his weight loss campaign. He may have been an early Ozempic trial user.
His son is now Lane Kiffin's OC.

The first iteration of the bubble wrap numbers, I think.

The first iteration of the bubble wrap numbers, I think.
Western Carolina the year after we ditched bubble wrap I believe. The numbers were the lightest Russell vegas gold possible with minimal navy trim.
Bubble wrap was turrible too, though.

Back