Pitt - 3.5

GT98

Dodd-Like
Interesting line. Owe these clowns after last year’s debacle (another one with piss poor officiating).

Will it be hard for the guys to play with the same intensity for a noon game vs Saturday night? If the D continues as they have over the last few weeks, I like our chances.

Wow. I would have thought we would be favored by about that much. Seems like wetting the bed vs. NIU has led to a lot of lowball lines. We've covered fairly handily each of the past three games.

Pitt hasn’t been held under 40 points yet….including their loss. Will probably be a shootout

Kenny Pickett has been what Sam Howell was supposed to be this year. His stats are off the damn charts.

We have to be able to generate another good pass rush to win this and we will have to score a lot of points too.

I’m worried we’re going to come out flat after the win against UNC. That was a big emotional win and we’re still a relatively young team. If we’re not playing with intensity from the get-go, they’ll rack up a ton of points really fast and we’ll be playing catch-up the rest of the day. Leadership and coaching is crucial.

None of this looks that impressive.

Screenshot_20210927-075658.png

I like it. Gives our team something else to be pissed about. Saturday just might be a little fun. I know Collins has had this game circled since last year.

Since I know nothing about Pitt, what do we know about Pitt?

QB? RB? D? OL? And dominant players to be wary of?

Looking at Pitt's loss to Western Michigan, WM had the ball over 40 minutes TOP. That is awful for Pitt

Since I know nothing about Pitt, what do we know about Pitt?

QB? RB? D? OL? And dominant players to be wary of?

Kenny Pickett is over 70% completion with a 15/1 TD/INT. running game is not great. Defense is bad - I think worse against the pass.

Pitt is very good. The small spread is a compliment for our recent performance.

Pitt is very good? I disagree.

Their resume:
  • Win vs Massachusetts. meh
  • Win vs Tennessee. This is their one “quality” win. UT is worse than UNC and they didn’t win by as much of a margin as we did against UNC.
  • Loss vs Western Michigan. This was only two weeks ago, unlike our opening game fluke against NIU. Must’ve been looking forward to their game against the Little Sisters of the Poor aka New Hampshire.
  • Win vs New Hampshire. That’s like a win against a high school team
Can they put up points? Yes, but they haven’t played a solid defense, either.

I’m not saying we’ll definitely win. I’ve watched CFB for long enough to know there are no guarantees. If we play anywhere near how we played on Saturday, we whipe the floor with Pitt.

Back