Pitt at GT , Condensed Game, ACCN YouTube Video

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd

Looking at the Game again, with no commercial breaks, just play after play, it makes you notice how bad our OLine was in the Game.

I saw a few Uni #'s on the OLine that should be benched for maybe 2 Gms for that poor performance, we looked really bad on the OL and in the Secondary.

The SECN doesn't do a condensed game video, but they do have extended highlights.

Looking at Bama's OLine and the way they execute and don't miss assignments shows me that we have a long way to go on our OLine.

One thing I notice is that on every snap each Bama OL is engaged in contact with a Def player and they occupy that player for a long as they can.

There are very few snaps where a Bama OL comes off the ball and whiffs or is confused about who they should hit, they hit somebody every play, I don't see that with GT's OLine.

I’ll bite. Stuff like this 3rd and 2 infuriate me. We stay in the 3 3 defense but they have five down linemen? The safety is looking at the two wide receivers and they run to the left side to pick it up with ease.
2030CE8F-B946-45B8-8D20-1A82D20D1F09.png

Yes it’s defense but I don’t understand it.

Looking at the Game again, with no commercial breaks, just play after play, it makes you notice how bad our OLine was in the Game.

I saw a few Uni #'s on the OLine that should be benched for maybe 2 Gms for that poor performance, we looked really bad on the OL and in the Secondary.

OMG at 2:56 into the game wtf even is that. Look at the right tackle, and left guard. What the hell is the point of this?

I’ll bite. Stuff like this 3rd and 2 infuriate me. We stay in the 3 3 defense but they have five down linemen? The safety is looking at the two wide receivers and they run to the left side to pick it up with ease.

WR is covering the TE(not sure how easy that is to spot at field level). Unbalanced formation with two TEs left. Not sure why two LBs decided to shift two to the right of the formation. Lol. Unless they shift the down TE, that play is obviously a run to the left.
I can’t fully blame the safety for being concerned about the two wideouts though. The refs were letting Pitt send ineligible men down field a lot during the game. Especially #7.

I really miss @gespacho_the_slender 's full game videos. You miss so much with just the highlight vids. (guess I could stop being cheap and pay for a service so that I could record them myself)

I really miss @gespacho_the_slender 's full game videos. You miss so much with just the highlight vids. (guess I could stop being cheap and pay for a service so that I could record them myself)
The condensed Game is supposed to be every play , but sometimes they leave out 4 or 5 plays.

Last yr the Condensed Games were every play in the Game

The condensed Game is supposed to be every play , but sometimes they leave out 4 or 5 plays.

Yeah, sorry, meant condensed not highlight. Specifically, I was looking to rewatch some of the official's calls that weren't in the video, Wanted to see how justified I was at my rage in the moment, lol.

Yeah, sorry, meant condensed not highlight. Specifically, I was looking to rewatch some of the official's calls that weren't in the video, Wanted to see how justified I was at my rage in the moment, lol.
My non expert guess is that there is no way that the Conference (ACCN) would expose their Refs to any additional scrutiny if they can avoid it.

Christ alive. I had work so I did not get to see much of the second half, but at least in the first it seemed like our scheming was yielding 5-7 yards before the ball was even snapped. We weren't even giving our guys a chance on most of these plays.

The SECN doesn't do a condensed game video, but they do have extended highlights.

Looking at Bama's OLine and the way they execute and don't miss assignments shows me that we have a long way to go on our OLine.

One thing I notice is that on every snap each Bama OL is engaged in contact with a Def player and they occupy that player for a long as they can.

There are very few snaps where a Bama OL comes off the ball and whiffs or is confused about who they should hit, they hit somebody every play, I don't see that with GT's OLine.

Alabama O-line looks like NFL ready young men. Tech O-line looks like husky size wearing youngsters. Hopefully they grow into these bodies.

OMG at 2:56 into the game wtf even is that. Look at the right tackle, and left guard. What the hell is the point of this?

Maybe we are run blocking on a pass play? I assume that is an ill-conceived RPO where we want to run block for a counter-trey (or similar) then pass. Maybe this is to disguise our standard zone read.

I watched it enough, I can't totally figure it out. But yuck.

/

I kind of see what they were doing, the left guard may of had a better shot of stopping that guy on right but he had to run around the rest of the line getting pushed in. Not sure on the why of it though. Also not great that either the center or right guard kind of just fell on the ground.

Maybe we are run blocking on a pass play? I assume that is an ill-conceived RPO where we want to run block for a counter-trey (or similar) then pass. Maybe this is to disguise our standard zone read.

Another possibility is they weren't all running the same play.

The safety (juanyeh) is cheating over there because we're blitzing Jaylon King (safety covering slot receiver). Quez Jackson is the one who kinda gets caught in no-man's land there and should've stepped up into the hole to make the tackle.

The safety (juanyeh) is cheating over there because we're blitzing Jaylon King (safety covering slot receiver). Quez Jackson is the one who kinda gets caught in no-man's land there and should've stepped up into the hole to make the tackle.
What about the Oline at 2:56?

The condensed games that the ACC channel releases on YouTube are definitely not every play. From what I can tell their criteria for showing a play is if it:

- results in a score
- results in a 1st down
- results in a change of possession
- results in a TFL
- is a 3rd/4th down

They skip a ton of 1st/2nd down plays and ignore a lot of plays that result in a penalty (which sucks as a lot of those are the ones I wanted to see again).

Last edited:
What about the Oline at 2:56?
OK so IMO, this is a disguise by the OL to make it look like a screen play to Gibbs and get 1/1 up top like we did with both WR's. If OL makes blocks this play was a TD. LG pulls as he is the "blocker" for the screen pass, LT and TE pinch in to fill his gap, center RG, RT all supposed to block down. Center gets bull rushed but does his job for the most part, RG trying to get to LB, RT blocking down and the DT shoots right between them and throws our RG down like a rag doll and pushes our RT backwards into the pulling lane of our LG. All this disruption allows the DE to get a step on our pulling G and make it to the QB. If RG/RT get off the ball clean and make that block on the DT, then our pulling G kicks that DE out, QB has time to throw and it's a TD if he makes the throw.

OK so IMO, this is a disguise by the OL to make it look like a screen play to Gibbs and get 1/1 up top like we did with both WR's. If OL makes blocks this play was a TD. LG pulls as he is the "blocker" for the screen pass, LT and TE pinch in to fill his gap, center RG, RT all supposed to block down. Center gets bull rushed but does his job for the most part, RG trying to get to LB, RT blocking down and the DT shoots right between them and throws our RG down like a rag doll and pushes our RT backwards into the pulling lane of our LG. All this disruption allows the DE to get a step on our pulling G and make it to the QB. If RG/RT get off the ball clean and make that block on the DT, then our pulling G kicks that DE out, QB has time to throw and it's a TD if he makes the throw.
It's the same stuff most years. Our Lines suck, and, thus, we suck.

Simple as that.

Back