Players taking pictures after the game

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
I understand the post. I remember playing HS football if you lost you shook hands and took it to the locker room. Sure, when I saw friends from the opposing team out and about town the game had nothing to do with our friendship, but my coach in high school would have expected us to be embarrassed and disappointed after a loss and not on the field with smiley faces. I guess the early 70’s was different and my coach was old school.

OldGold75

Damn Good Rat
I stayed until all of the players left the field and saw disgusting sight.
Dozens of our players were hugging and smiling while taking pictures with Clemson players.
This was no game to be doing so.
Clemson ran up the score and embarrassed us.
Be pissed and get off the field, not playing buddy buddy with them.
Coaches should have told the players to go directly to the locker room.
They acted like little girls.
Were any asking for Trevor's autograph??

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
I understand the post. I remember playing HS football if you lost you shook hands and took it to the locker room. Sure, when I saw friends from the opposing team out and about town the game had nothing to do with our friendship, but my coach in high school would have expected us to be embarrassed and disappointed after a loss and not on the field with smiley faces. I guess the early 70’s was different and my coach was old school.
Definitely different times. Most of these kids have played multiple sports either together or against each other to the point they’ve developed a close bond. Now it’s more like brothers playing against each other (look at the Watts brothers in the NFL). It doesn’t affect how hard they prepare for the game or how serious they take it.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Are you sure the Clemson players weren’t taking pictures with our guys and not the other way around?
Like when you drag that big bass out of Rocky Mountain reservoir in Rome or pick up that fatty at the biker bar and want a pic?

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
That's high school football.

Curious if any of the guys that played were the ones taking pictures. My guess would be no and that it was backups or juice crew that was doing it.

I have a bigger problem with our guys helping the opponent up off the ground when other yellow jacket teammates could use the help up.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
This is simply a professional trend moving down to the college level. After a pro game it looks like a family reunion. Kids see that and emulate the professionals with conversations and picture taking and hugs. ( I haven’t seen kisses yet.)

I remember having a good friend that played WR for Pepper who used to laugh at our hatred of the Dawgs and other rivals. He said more than forty years ago that players did not take stuff nearly as seriously as fans. He said there was a camaraderie and mutual respect among players that with only a few exceptions meant that they genuinely liked one another. Shattered my illusions.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
Pretty simple fix is to ban players from taking phones on the field. Reasonable request. Why the f+++ do you need an iphone on the sideline during a game? Or afterwards?

SarasotaJacket

Varsity Lurker
I stayed until all of the players left the field and saw disgusting sight.
Dozens of our players were hugging and smiling while taking pictures with Clemson players.
This was no game to be doing so.
Clemson ran up the score and embarrassed us.
Be pissed and get off the field, not playing buddy buddy with them.
Coaches should have told the players to go directly to the locker room.
They acted like little girls.
One of the pics was four former Milton teammates, Yates, Leonard and 2 Clemson dudes. Don't see harm there.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Pretty simple fix is to ban players from taking phones on the field. Reasonable request. Why the f+++ do you need an iphone on the sideline during a game? Or afterwards?
Sounds like the exact opposite of the direction we're trying to move, which is to embrace social media to attract young kids who are obsessed with it.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Sounds like the exact opposite of the direction we're trying to move, which is to embrace social media to attract young kids who are obsessed with it.
Yes. And banning ways to promote yourself with NLI looming seems like a bad idea

GoGATech

Big Dummy
One of the pics was four former Milton teammates, Yates, Leonard and 2 Clemson dudes. Don't see harm there.
Another was Miles Brooks and Fred Davis. Another set of high school teammates. I don't see anything wrong with it. These types of dudes were likely extremely close throughout HS, and then they go their separate ways. It would be a very cool experience to reunite with a former friend on the field of a P5 college game.

LambdaChiGT

Dodd-Like
Be mad at the other team before and during the game. After the game (or a game like this at least) be mad at yourself.

They can be mad at themselves and still want to see old friends. Plenty of time to be mad at yourself afterwards. I'm sure practice this week has been full of unicorns and rainbows.

Seems like they're more mature than the OP imo :dunno: