Pleasant surprise

beeware

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech versus Ugag tickets came in the mail today. Wasn't sure if I would actually get them or not...two years ago they didn't reach my priority level (had to scalp them) but this year apparently they did.

Last year we only allowed Ugag ONLY one offensive TD and had the ball with 9 min to go, trailing by a 21-17 score, beginning a drive to possibly win the game, when Godsey threw an ill-timed pass that got picked off by Wansley and ran in for a TD.

We have beaten Ugag 3 out of the last 4 and we can only hope that this coaching staff with nearly a full year under their belt will be far enough along on the learning curve to do what Coach O'leary did the last two visits to the cesspool and kick Ugag's arse.

Also the FSU kickoff time has not been determined yet...will either be noon or 3:30 pm...due to the 6-day window being utilized.

Its great to dream but don't get guys delusional over here. If UGA had not stopped itself with penalties and finished a few drives with TDs instead of 6 FGs that game gets into a 45-10 type route. Dominated LOS from the get go and we are much better there this year. With the off week I think we'll dispose of GT much like UK. Richt fields a much different product than Donnan and Goff. In fact this is what AJ will look like when he sees the UGA pass rush
shocked.gif

wink.gif

Originally posted by MeLuvUgaLongTime:
Its great to dream but don't get guys delusional over here. If UGA had not stopped itself with penalties and finished a few drives with TDs instead of 6 FGs that game gets into a 45-10 type route.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Actually, if Godsey had paid attention and pump faked and then burned Wansley's arse on that play, then TECH would now be celebrating 4 in a row instead of 3 out of 4 over them dawgs.
Four out of five will still have a nice ring to it......IF we can get Coach Gailey and staff trained in time.

If you want to want-ifs look at the 1982 game. Herschel breaks a long run and UGA takes a 7-0 lead. Tech then totally dominates the rest of the half and should be up 24-7. Instead, turnovers kill Tech and they trail 7-6. It might have been a different game without 6 Tech turnovers. A lot of UGA people have turned the 2001 game into an UGA rout and that wasn't the case. UGA deserved to win the game. Verron Haynes was the star. Our offensive line played it's worst game of the year and our tackling was awful. This year will depend on 2 things. Getting some pressure on Greene to prevent the big play. Also, the UK game showed that UGA is vulnerable on mid-deep passes if you get time and can get the ball there. If Tech can't pass some vertically, it will be a long day.

Originally posted by beeware:
IF we can get Coach Gailey and staff trained in time.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I really felt like responding to this with logical arguments, when I realized it will do not good. Its like arguing with Beau Bock.
pat.gif

We got whipped at the line of scrimmage last year. If we had won, we'd have stolen that game. It was nice to be in it that deep into the 4th quarter. Everytime UGA came down the field (and they always did), we'd stop them inside the 20.

This game will always be competitive because of the rivalry. I don't care what's going on at Ugag this year. Tech will show up and it's up for grabs! As badly as Tech played last year, Beeware you are right we were in it before the turnovers - forget the stats,
and that's what makes it dangerous ... always!

Also the FSU kickoff time has not been determined yet...will either be noon or 3:30 pm...due to the 6-day window being utilized.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dammit! Had to ruin my day with that news! No chance of a night time kickoff?

I hope I'm wrong but ugag's dl will pressure AJ all day and I see 2 INTs minimum. We won't be able to run at all and our defense will stay on the field all day. Ugag's that good ya'll. I love my Jackets but I'm not blind as to what's coming up in a few weeks.

GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, "me luv UGA", I thought you might have better things to do than visit the Tech website,like changing the oil in your tractor, but it's ok to drop in for a touch of class in your life.

Your defense of Georgia football, like all of the dopes who follow the Dogs, is weak.

The one irrefutable fact is that like eclipses of the moon, which occur about every 25 or 30 years, you guys are due to statistically luck your way to some sort of decent year. No matter what happens, your program does it with the lowest common thugs that can be recruited. I doubt Oklahoma is looking over their shoulder, and we ain't either, so get out of our site!

To Hell With Georgia

Back